BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I just would like to show off my brand new (april 2019) G310GS.
It was very difficult to get used to the idea that after 6 power bikes (YZ450F, Kawa Z750, and so many CBR1000RRs) buy a beginner's bike like this. But at the end I told myself that it is a trendy, good looking, and last, but not least a brand new bike and maybe it will also have some good points owning a bike like this...
I only have about 200kms in it now as in the past three weeks the rain always pouring so it just standing in the garage, waiting for the sunny days, but so far, so good. (I know its underpowered and slow, but at least I feel like in the mountains and hills it will be very funny in the corners, and maybe I will be able to hit some beginner GSX-R or R1 owners with it in the corners in the future:)

Let me show You the pics then:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
From some point of views it seems a real big bike, but some angles it seems like a chinese replike. This picture is from the chinese point of view I think....

·
Registered
6 Posts
hey since I do not have enough posts I can't send you a pm so I will post my reply here

"Hey no problem at all man!

Ok so first of all I have an R rather than a GS and secondly I have the HP1 which is the carbon tipped one - not the GP1 that you have linked. This is it here.

This is by far the best purchase that I have made personally and I think it looks far better than the more expensive akra and yoshi ones. I got a full system with the upgraded carbon tip for 300 AUD which included the header and the screws and everything you need. It really is great value and changes the way the bike feels.

It is loud and some might not like the sound since it is only a 1 cylinder but I like it far more than the stock one since it can actually be heard. It is not near as loud as harleys that pull up next to me at stop lights but it definitely is loud.

The noise on the highway can definitely be a little annoying and you will definitely need earplugs or earphones.

The headers have now turned blue after use and it looks really cool - almost like titanium with a little bit of purple in it.

To get the upgrade, I bought the gp1 option on their ebay site and sent a message to them to replace the muffler with the carbon hp3 one. Make sure you tell them you want to change the muffler only and not the header pipes otherwise they will send you the high mounted pipes. In my case, I had to pay an extra 80 AUD but it was definitely well worth it since it looks so much better with that little bit of carbon.

I hope I answered all of your questions and if you have anymore let me know! also let me know about your decision and which one you end up picking."

1 - 18 of 18 Posts