BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered 3 weeks ago and picked up today..
The side stand looks/feels pretty solid. Not sure if I'm imagining it, but lean angle when on the stand seems less than what I remember from the test ride. To the point where I put the stand down and scrape the ground if the bike isn't absolutely upright. Not a problem though, just different.
The engine still sounds pretty anaemic and soulless to me, so an akrvpovic exhaust is on the list, along with a decent top box. I like the givi aluminium boxes.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
The stock exhaust sounds like a lawnmower to me, I just wish a good aftermarket exhaust like the Arkvpovic wasn't so expensive.

I don't recommend the BMW light top box. It's much cheaper than their "good" one, but quite flimsy. I had a new Arai helmet and Klim leather riding gloves stolen from mine when it was locked. It only took a screwdriver to pry it open. The aluminum Givi looks great, I might replace mine with that one.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was actually considering the BMW light top box at one stage, mainly because of the price, and the fact it goes straight on the OEM rack. I think I'm set on a givi trekker now, although a bit expensive with adapter plates etc. Man that sucks that someone stole your gear, especially when it's good gear.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those 30L ones are over $1400 here. I'm not sure I can stomach the price... almost 20% of the cost of the bike :D
The BMW light top box is just over $200. The 30L must be something special! Is it keyed alike with the ignition?

·
Super Moderator
975 Posts
The BMW light box can be keyed to your ignition, it's just a bit hard and not all dealerships know how to do it, hence most people that get the light box end up with two different keys (ignition and box). If you do get the light box make sure you get the dealer to key it to your ignition key.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts