Registered
8 Posts
Looks lovely

hello.

this is my news gs
hepcko & becker crash bar
sw motech skid plate

It looks really nice....
I hope you have many enjoyable moments with your new bike. My one is 3 month old, yesterday I received the Scorpion silencer and today the Barkbusters, once I have them one I will post a picture as well.

·
Registered
469 Posts
hello.

this is my news gs
hepcko & becker crash bar
sw motech skid plate
Looks too nice, time to get it dirty.:grin2:
Where you from?
Maybe include it in your profile.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm getting a pronounced shimmy from my front K60 at >70 mph. Have you noticed anything like that?
i don't think that you can avoid this with off road tires, these are supposed to have better handling because of their design (this strip pattern in the middle, instead of blocks).

·
Registered
255 Posts
i don't think that you can avoid this with off road tires, these are supposed to have better handling because of their design (this strip pattern in the middle, instead of blocks).
The front Heidenau K60 doesn’t have a center strip, only the rear. And I’ve run K60s on my old F800GS for more than 75000 miles with no shimmy, ever. There seems to be a problem with this tire and the G310GS.

·
Registered
255 Posts
maybe the 800 is heavier and more sturdy. what do you mean shimmy? maybe there is a problem besides the tire(?)
The weight difference might be a contributing factor. By shimmy I mean the handlebars rock back and forth at a rapid frequency. Not tank-slapper violent, but enough to get my attention. And the problem didn’t surface until I replaced the original Tourance with the Heidenau. So that’s where my troubleshooting is going to start.

I’m going to try easing off the preload to see if changing the bike’s geometry makes any difference. But if I can’t solve this, I’m inclined to chuck this brand new Heidenau. I sure can’t see riding it like this for another 10,000 miles.

·
Registered
163 Posts
what if you mix different front and rear tires?although most companies state that their tires should be combined with the same front and rear, i believe that a tire savvy person can make a good combination.

·
Registered
255 Posts
what if you mix different front and rear tires?although most companies state that their tires should be combined with the same front and rear, i believe that a tire savvy person can make a good combination.
That’s what I’ll do if I can’t figure out a way to reduce the shimmy. Adjusting the preload didn’t have any effect. But I’ll hold off until the tire wears a little more before I do anything expensive.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts