BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was away from my bike for several months, so today as I came back to India, I did a lot of stuff. I changed the Traxion rear shock to a softer spring (I had to send the shock to the UK for them to do that, so be careful what spring rate you order!). I changed both chain sprockets: rear to 43 and front to 15T - much better, but I think 46 at the back would work even better ( but you probably would need a longer chain though). I changed the handlebars to RR kit - not sure of the benefits since I did not have issues with the oem (also you need to drill 2 holes to fit the controls). I fitted the Radial Magura master brake cylinder 12mm - finally, the bike is braking properly!!! (I used before 11mm MC from Kawasaki and it felt too Soft, though infinitely better than the oem 13mm) I fitted the (Chinese) rear hugger which can go together with the oem rear shocker protector - nice. I did the kickstand switch by-pass. I fitted the shorter clutch lever - the original is so ugly!.

by the way, I experimented with the SS Akrapovic Exhaust, and I decided to leave the baffle in. I am too old for all that noise, and I can hardly hear what people are saying to me :)

·
Super Moderator
956 Posts
I was away from my bike for several months, so today as I came back to India, I did a lot of stuff. I changed the Traxion rear shock to a softer spring (I had to send the shock to the UK for them to do that, so be careful what spring rate you order!). I changed both chain sprockets: rear to 43 and front to 15T - much better, but I think 46 at the back would work even better ( but you probably would need a longer chain though). I changed the handlebars to RR kit - not sure of the benefits since I did not have issues with the oem (also you need to drill 2 holes to fit the controls). I fitted the Radial Magura master brake cylinder 12mm - finally, the bike is braking properly!!! (I used before 11mm MC from Kawasaki and it felt too Soft, though infinitely better than the oem 13mm) I fitted the (Chinese) rear hugger which can go together with the oem rear shocker protector - nice. I did the kickstand switch by-pass. I fitted the shorter clutch lever - the original is so ugly!.

by the way, I experimented with the SS Akrapovic Exhaust, and I decided to leave the baffle in. I am too old for all that noise, and I can hardly hear what people are saying to me :)
Nice, what spring rate did you end up ordering, and what spring rate was too hard for you?

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice, what spring rate did you end up ordering, and what spring rate was too hard for you?
I ordered, before something like 130nm, and even though it was correct for my weight, it was too hard and the bike was standing too tall. Now, I have 120nm, and it is much better. though I might even prefer lower spring rate. The bike is still a bit too tall, on the lowest spring preload. But it is much better, and the shock is great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts