BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently got my 310gs and I would like to know what people have done to theirs that they view as essential for maximizing the enjoyment and ease of use. I primarily use mine for commuting but hope to go off-road some too, so please mention any and all modifications.

·
Registered
G310 GS
31 Posts
In my opinion some handlebar-risers (~ 25 mm) make the bike more comfortable to ride, especially offroad.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In my opinion some handlebar-risers (~ 25 mm) make the bike more comfortable to ride, especially offroad.
I will be getting some next week. I am a tall guy, so I had planned on those. I can't wait to see how it feels to not hunch. I also just ordered the Givi windscreen.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
P.S. and a kickstand foot pad enlarger!
I already almost lost it to some wet ground. Luckily I was standing on the left side, so it only tipped a bit into me. I'll be getting something to deal with the foot of the stand for sure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just recently got my 310gs and I would like to know what people have done to theirs that they view as essential for maximizing the enjoyment and ease of use. I primarily use mine for commuting but hope to go off-road some too, so please mention any and all modifications.
I would add a radiator guard as well and maybe a front fender extender.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you remove the rubber protective boot, it is only held in with a single metal spring clip. TAKE A PICTURE of clip while it is still in!! They tend to fall out & then it can be difficult to recall how it goes back into place. Take a few angles to see the contours of the spring. It is a bit tight to try to maneuver in there with your fingers, but is easily do-able without a video.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts