BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Welcome to the club !
When BMW designed the G310, they were looking to attract a younger clientele, the reality turned out to be different. They attracted a lot of older riders moving away from bigger/heavier bikes, and others like you and me looking to return to motorcycling after a long hiatus.
I love my G310R enough that I have over 30000 km on it and still going strong!

Many miles and smiles to you.

·
Registered
Currently bikeless. Buying a GS310 in Spring 2021
56 Posts
I decided I needed a nice retirement gift so I got a G310GS. Been out of riding for about 30 years so taking it slow and getting skills back. So far I love the bike! View attachment 16343
Welcome aboard Hoagie. I have the same bike and colour. Once you have had it for a few weeks, you will start to want to add/change stuff. Hours of tinkering to come.
Enjoy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome Hoagie! Stunning picture you have there 👌

Managed to have a play around with slow maneuvering skills yet?
I decided I needed a nice retirement gift so I got a G310GS. Been out of riding for about 30 years so taking it slow and getting skills back. So far I love the bike! As you can see also getting use to the forum layout :)

·
Registered
524 Posts
Keep your credit card handy, the accessorizing becomes addictive.

Enjoy!

I'm at 5000 miles in 4 months and incredibly happy with my purchase.

You'll read here in the forum about lots of issues the G310 owners have dealt with, but know that your '21 already has the fixes to most of these incorporated into its updated parts and features.

Properly maintained, these are great running bikes.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I just got the 2021 model as well. i decided to sell my 2018. it is not that I had any issues with it but I lived in constant fear that something will fail in the bike when i am in the middle of nowhere. anyway, i sell it for good price, not so far from the new bike. i have transferred most of the accessories - Tractive rear shock, front hyperpro springs, SS Akra exhaust, side racks for H&B cases, and some other things. I kind of like the minimalistic OEM crash bars and skid plate so asked the dealer to fit them together with usb charger before the delivery of the bike, while leaving the Hepco Backer crash bars on the old bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.