BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I'm the owner of a G310GS as of February 16th. I've managed to accrue 1500 miles so far and not looking back yet! Also might be the first owner with grab handles instead of the luggage rack on the GS.

·
Super Moderator
907 Posts
Looks nice, if you're not going to be carrying gear all the time it makes sense. You can always strap a bag onto the back seat.

I guess you (or your dealer) found a G310R owner who was happy to swap for the luggage rack, or did you keep the luggage rack just in case?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
??

Your choice?

Enquiring minds and all that.
Yes, I do a lot of highway commuting to school, but almost never carry gear. The luggage rack was too small to put anything besides a small top case (Not a fan of aerodynamics with a top case). I will be getting panniers at some point, but I also wear a large backpack and haven't had any issues with that.

Looks nice, if you're not going to be carrying gear all the time it makes sense. You can always strap a bag onto the back seat.

I guess you (or your dealer) found a G310R owner who was happy to swap for the luggage rack, or did you keep the luggage rack just in case?
I met a G310R owner who really wanted a luggage rack, and I was already looking at taking it off. He asked if we could trade and he would pay me for the rack and include his handles, so it was like a no-brainer for me at the time. In the future will I get a rack? Possibly, but like you said I much prefer the look without it, and more once I get a tail tidy kit

·
Super Moderator
907 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts