BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

born in 1960 in Brussels and riding motorbikes (on the road) since 1978. The G310R is my 12th BMW. Just swapped my F800ST for the G. Travelled a lot on the BMW's in the 70ties and 80ties. Turkey, Syria, Jordania, Morocco, Algeria, Mali, Norkapp (twice)... but the last years I ride +- 3.000 km/year. (company E-bike)

Had my first 'long' ride (180 km) into the Ardennes and I love it. With a lot of small roads and over 90° turns most of the other drivers lost contact with the G :wink2:

Ok, I have a lot of expercience and 15 years of trial/enduro competion but it is the bike and the weight that makes the difference for me.

Great fun for me

Best regards,
K

·
Registered
213 Posts
Welcome Kries. My 2018 G310R is a replacement for my venerable '93 K75S. The K bike was an excellent machine but it became too heavy as I grew older (now 73) and I decided it was time to trade it for something lighter and more nimble - a baby BMW.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Welcome Kries, same age as you. Sounds like you have also discovered we don't need a lot of cubic cc's and mass to have fun.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thx.

We have always tried to get a good balance between weight/power and the use of the bike.
When the fantastic K1100RS was to used to travel I refused to accept a nice offer from the dealer. They wanted me to buy a K1200RS and it was far to heavy for us (in the '90ies)
So we went back to the bixers with a R1100RS.

As I changed work a few years ago I was looking for a lighter bike. Ninja 300 or 400, CBR250R but the testride with the G310R convinced me to buy another (used) BMW.

Be carefull and have a save trip

1 - 7 of 7 Posts