BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,

I just recently bought my first motorcycle and I am blessed to say it is a Blue Strato Metallic BMW G310R (duh!). Being as inexperienced rider (riding friends' bikes for <1year), I knew that I was looking for a sub 500cc bike as I was concerned about weight and my ability to properly handle a more powerful, heavier bike as I learn and progress. Styling and looks for the bike were important to me; any type of cruiser was out as I wanted something a bit sportier than a Honda Rebel 250 (or counterparts). That pretty much left me with Sport and street bikes. I was looking for something closer to the "naked" category of bikes which severely limited my option to Honda and several more generic brands. Then I stumble upon the G310R! This bike hit all of the criteria that I was looking for as far as engine size, styling, price range, features, and (most importantly) uniqueness.

I was dead set on Blue Strato Metallic until seeing Motorad white in person at the dealership. It was a beautiful color-way, but not quite enough to sway me from the classic BMW blue. Black was entirely too generic. This dealership in particular was receiving huge amounts of orders for white and black but there were no blue G301R's to be found. The sales manager there got it done and I was able to pick up my new bike last Thursday, 11/2/2017.

This is a learning process for me and like any machine, I want to learn EVERYTHING I can about it. I look forward to diving into these threads to learn more about this bike and motorcycles in general.

Cheers!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Welcome, for 1st time up you’ve made a great choice of ride.
Enjoy and be safe.

·
Registered
939 Posts
jgignac, welcome to this forum
You made, colorwise, the right choice (don't hit me, I'm just kidding ;-))
Hope we will see more messages from you.
and .........
for a first rider, take it easy and learn everyday (like we still do)
Almost everybody else on the road out there is trying to run you off the road

1 - 7 of 7 Posts