BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently ride a 98 Honda VFR800. I wanted something a lighter to commute 20ish miles to work and run errands. I was looking at the following:

BMW G310R
KTM Duke 390
Yamaha FZ07
Kawasaki Vulcan S
Honda Rebel 300/500
Honda CB500F
Suzuki SV650

The Rebel as WAY to small for a 33in inseam. The Vulcan S fit was ok, but too cruiser for me. The SV650 fit was great, but I didn't feel at home on it. The CB500F fit was outstanding, but left me feeling cold. And the KTM dealership was a strange lot to communicate with.

This left the FZ-07 and the G310R.

I fit on the FZ-07 like a glove. Per stats, it had good low torque (similar to my VFR) and light. The only two drawbacks were the mpg was few ticks higher than the VFR and $7500US out the door price.

I arrived at the BMW Motorrad dealer yesterday and test rode the G310R. It was a lot bigger in person! I swung a leg across and sunk down in the seat. The fit was a smidge better than the FZ-07 and leg room was great! I took it on a mix route of city and interstate. I was impressed at how it handled 60-75mph traffic. The wind blast was manageable and once I remembered to kick down a gear to pass . . . I knew this was the bike for me. One the test loop, I returned 65ish mpg (US).

This bike's fit/finish, poise, capability, and price (oh man that price!) made me forget about the FZ-07.

So now, I'm a new owner of a G310R! Here are two shots from a stop I had to take when the skies opened up while riding home.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Welcome to the forum Strike and congrats on the new bike! I had a very similar list of bikes that I looked at before I bought mine as well. This bike definitely had everything that made it feel like it’s the best choice out of all of the others.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts