BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I purchased my white G310Gs from Iron Horse BMW in February. I haven't been riding as much as I'd like, part due to heat, part due to time constraints. I have Giant Loop Coyote saddlebags and am awaiting a SeatConcepts tall seat. Enjoy your new G310GS!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My 2018 GGS arrived today. Needs saddlebags and smoother saddle.
I may have made a serious mistake. We will see.

When riding the GGS, I feel locked into plate by the saddle. I cannot move back because of the "hump" in the saddle behind the driver's butt. I will take it to a saddle guy this week to see if the hump can be removed and the saddle flattened. If this cannot be done, I do not want the bike.

The bike has some wonderful virtues, but I cannot live with the stock saddle.

·
Registered
324 Posts
When riding the GGS, I feel locked into plate by the saddle.
That's because you are. The "low" seat is even worse (which is why I went back to the standard seat).

Not sure if you can even out the hump - it looks like the bike's frame may interfere.

Please let us (or at least me) know if you get a solution.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I may have made a serious mistake. We will see.

When riding the GGS, I feel locked into plate by the saddle. I cannot move back because of the "hump" in the saddle behind the driver's butt. I will take it to a saddle guy this week to see if the hump can be removed and the saddle flattened. If this cannot be done, I do not want the bike.

The bike has some wonderful virtues, but I cannot live with the stock saddle.
Wow, less than one day on the bike and you have what sounds like, given up on it.
Did you not sit on it or take it for a spin before you bought it?:surprise:

·
Registered
324 Posts
The Seat Concepts tall seat for the G310GS seems to have eliminated the hump.
So does standing on the pegs.

But I do like to get at least one foot down at a stop without being in the process of dropping it before that foot contact occurs.

So sayeth the short-legged individual. :grin2:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did not care for the locked-in-one-place seat or the ergonomic relationships. Riding it hurt my back.

I am sticking with my R1200RTW which does not have those problems. I no longer own a G310GS.

I am departing this forum, so I will not be able to respond to any posts on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts