BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All;
Just sold my 2010 Kawasaki KLX250s and purchased a new G310gs in pearl white. Not a stranger to BMW as I have had a few and have at present a 2015 R1200 RTLC. Previous bikes: 79'R65, 87'R80, 99' K1200RS, 04' R1150GS.
I was finding it harder and harder to swing my leg over the KLX and I didn't like riding around town much. So now I will have a nice bike for general fun and the RT for long trips. I won't be able to pick up the new 310 for a couple weeks thanks to the side stand issue.
Looking forward reading about accessories performance hints.

Kenny M.
Eureka, Ca.

Registered
Welcome, and Eureka!! As is, "Eureka, I have found it." I've always wanted come across a situation where I could say that. :grin2:

Hope you enjoy your GS as much as I'm enjoying my R. My only other BMW (that I can remember) was a '93 K75S. I thoroughly loved that machine, but it grew too heavy and cumbersome, so welcome home G310R.

Registered
Are we or are we not insane to buy an Indo-German machine? BMW or not BMW, that鈥檚 the question鈥 THE initial confusion. Did you, 鈥淓ureka鈥, really have an 鈥滱ha-moment鈥, an 鈥淓ureka-moment鈥, when you chose this bike? Were you previously puzzled as to which bike to buy and did it become suddenly obvious this was the one? Or was it after a thorough and pragmatic thought? No 鈥淓ureka鈥 in that event! In both ways, congratulations becoming part of us. Insane or not, we have insight!

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Are we or are we not insane to buy an Indo-German machine? BMW or not BMW, that鈥檚 the question鈥 THE initial confusion. Did you, 鈥淓ureka鈥, really have an 鈥滱ha-moment鈥, an 鈥淓ureka-moment鈥, when you chose this bike? Were you previously puzzled as to which bike to buy and did it become suddenly obvious this was the one? Or was it after a thorough and pragmatic thought? No 鈥淓ureka鈥 in that event! In both ways, congratulations becoming part of us. Insane or not, we have insight!
I found if I over think something I just get confused. When I first saw the 310R I thought if it came in a GS version I might like it. It does and Eureka!

Reactions: gaeter
1 - 8 of 8 Posts