BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all. New owner here, down in the Orlando, Florida area... Thanks for having me. Well, take delivery soon anyhow. Apparently bike's arrived in the states today.. So pending customs and such, soon...

I had "settled" on the Pearl White model due to the other few coming to my local dealer all having deposits. But not sure I am loving the color scheme now. Have requested dealer try and do a dealer trade with another area dealer on perhaps the black model? Even the red maybe? I know this all comes down to personal preference, but believe the pearl white is just a bit too .....flashy with the Red, White and Blue?

(Always love the opinion of the community considering haven't actually seen it in person yet... Only via pics.

Lastly.. Love some additional opinions on must do mods, since, well, I just cannot leave well enough alone.

Again, thanks for having me and look forward to getting to know all of you better!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Afternoon all. New owner here, down in the Orlando, Florida area... Thanks for having me. Well, take delivery soon anyhow. Apparently bike's arrived in the states today.. So pending customs and such, soon...

I had "settled" on the Pearl White model due to the other few coming to my local dealer all having deposits. But not sure I am loving the color scheme now. Have requested dealer try and do a dealer trade with another area dealer on perhaps the black model? Even the red maybe? I know this all comes down to personal preference, but believe the pearl white is just a bit too .....flashy with the Red, White and Blue?

(Always love the opinion of the community considering haven't actually seen it in person yet... Only via pics.

Lastly.. Love some additional opinions on must do mods, since, well, I just cannot leave well enough alone.

Again, thanks for having me and look forward to getting to know all of you better!
Hi and welcome.
If you haven't already, you need to get up to speed on the kickstand issue. It is at a point currently where
new bikes are not allowed to be delivered to the customer until a fix is done.
Search this forum for opinions and reviews on various mods that owners have already done.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi and welcome.
If you haven't already, you need to get up to speed on the kickstand issue. It is at a point currently where
new bikes are not allowed to be delivered to the customer until a fix is done.
Search this forum for opinions and reviews on various mods that owners have already done.
Spoke to dealer about this since some of the other local ones are on hold for the fix.. Apparently it is a date issue, but from what dealer stated, the bikes just getting to the states are POST the recall date.. Who knows though. Will work for a confirmation tomorrow.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Spoke to dealer about this since some of the other local ones are on hold for the fix.. Apparently it is a date issue, but from what dealer stated, the bikes just getting to the states are POST the recall date.. Who knows though. Will work for a confirmation tomorrow.
Well that good news for you, and hopefully the rest of us waiting to get this little pain in the butt issue resolved.
Keep us up to date.
Hope you get to enjoy this little thumper sooner than later.:smile2:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Afternoon all. So my GS has arrived...

Sadly.. Dealer was not able to locate me a black or red one, with the Pearl white being my least favorite option.. With BMW struggling to meet demand on the GS, could be weeks or longer until another batch comes in..

So... Either take this one or sit and wait.

The thought. Snag it, paint or wrap the beak and tanks..

Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
With BMW struggling to meet demand on the GS, could be weeks or longer until another batch comes in..

So... Either take this one or sit and wait.
if you are not 100% SURE that this is the one for you, don't buy it, wait for a black or red. it's your money after all.. (i waited for a black one for ~2 months..)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Like you, I have ordered a 2018 G310GS. Attracted mainly by its light weight, tubeless tires, ABS, and long suspension. As ordered:

Pearl white (told my preferred red not available)

With accessory socket
BMW top case, less expensive
BMW tank bag
Center stand, Motech
Clearwater D121 Darlas
Clearwater Darla covers
Clearwater Billie Jr. brake lights
Wunderlich handlebar risers
SoundBomb Compact horn or Stebel

There has been a hold on these GGS bikes due to something about the side-stand. Do not yet have a firm delivery date.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My dealers down here have gotten a few in today.. 4-5 as far as I know..

None of these are suffering from the stop sell and in fact, could have taken home today, but getting the Akra exhaust installed so holding off on taking delivery until most likely tomorrow.

All new models coming to dealers now, no longer suffer from the stand issue.

·
Registered
469 Posts
All new models coming to dealers now, no longer suffer from the stand issue.
That's very interesting and encouraging.
Maybe you could take a couple of pics of the side stand mount area and
post them when you can.
I and probably others would like to see what if any is different than past models.
Thanks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's very interesting and encouraging.
Maybe you could take a couple of pics of the side stand mount area and
post them when you can.
I and probably others would like to see what if any is different than past models.
Thanks.
Will gladly do so, will be in the drive in an hour....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So bike in the drive now... Attached are a couple pics of the stand.. Not really sure what pics you needed to see, or what to compare to the PRE fix... So let me know and can add more..

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
Don't want to be picky, but could you take one from the right side looking to the back of the side stand mounting plate ?

And welcome to the forum and the joy of G310 ownership !

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Don't want to be picky, but could you take one from the right side looking to the back of the side stand mounting plate ?

And welcome to the forum and the joy of G310 ownership !

Helps if I read your request more.... Will get you some additional soon as the rain stops..

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
You are right , I was not clear enough.

What I would like to see is the rear of the plate holding the side stand to the bike, so we could see if the tubular section in which the stand pivots has been modified, or if they have reinforced the plate and pivot.

So what I'm asking is to go on the right side of the bike (the one opposite the stand) crouch and take a photo of the other side of the bike entering on the plate holding the bike.

If I'm not getting clearer just forget, about it and go have fun on your bike!

·
Registered
157 Posts

I did not want the Red and was interested in the Black but they seemed to plain, like something was missing, so I forked over the extra 100 for the white which is the BMW Motorsports color set and I think it is so much nicer looking unmistakably BMW from any distance. Slap on the Akrapovic Carbon Fiber exhaust (S-B3R1-RC/1) and you will be looking fine.

If you are short, do not waste money on the lower seat... get the upgraded shock from Rally-Raid that can be adjusted lower as it is only about $100 more than the seat. Try to see them in person to finalize your choice

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

I did not want the Red and was interested in the Black but they seemed to plain, like something was missing, so I forked over the extra 100 for the white which is the BMW Motorsports color set and I think it is so much nicer looking unmistakably BMW from any distance. Slap on the Akrapovic Carbon Fiber exhaust (S-B3R1-RC/1) and you will be looking fine.

If you are short, do not waste money on the lower seat... get the upgraded shock from Rally-Raid that can be adjusted lower as it is only about $100 more than the seat. Try to see them in person to finalize your choice

Yeah, my exhaust will be here Thursday, so I am excited to get that on. Looking at the Hyperpro suspension setup for front and rear.. Liking what I am seeing from them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Like you, I have ordered a 2018 G310GS. Attracted mainly by its light weight, tubeless tires, ABS, and long suspension. As ordered:

Pearl white (told my preferred red not available)

With accessory socket
BMW top case, less expensive
BMW tank bag
Center stand, Motech
Clearwater D121 Darlas
Clearwater Darla covers
Clearwater Billie Jr. brake lights
Wunderlich handlebar risers
SoundBomb Compact horn or Stebel

There has been a hold on these GGS bikes due to something about the side-stand. Do not yet have a firm delivery date.
Do you have pics of your accessories, especially the lights?

·
Registered
25 Posts
So what I'm asking is to go on the right side of the bike (the one opposite the stand) crouch and take a photo of the other side of the bike entering on the plate holding the bike.
Here’s a pic from the right side. More or less. And another from the rear.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts