BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post. I could not pass up the $1000 incentive that BMW had on this bike. I'm in the N Georgia mountains. My other bike is a 2016 R1200RT. I've been looking for a small displacement bike for a while to ride the mountains and fire roads around here. I beat up the RT pretty much last year so this one fits the bill just fine. It's a blast to ride. One week old and did the first service myself yesterday.
Took my first long ride today. 225 miles of mountain riding. Rung it out pretty good. Bike is a blast on twisty roads, not bad in the dirt either.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It sure is. Fire roads and twisting is what this bike loves. Exploring is a lot more fun when not worried about running out of pavement.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good choice of color. I also have a 2017 R1200RT that is tasked for long range. Both my RT and GS are white. I use my 310 for commuting and off pavement exploring.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can you volunteer any suggestions ?
I was planning a trip in the region in september.....oh well next year maybe!
You can't go wrong anywhere around here. In the past we used Maggie Valley NC as our base. It's central to many great rides. Blue Ridge Parkway is only a couple of miles out of town. Dragon is about an hour away and so is the Cherohala Skyway. In Maggie there are many motel choices and restaurants. Have fun but stay safe.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts