BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi from Scotland I’ve bought a g310r ( 2 weeks ago )I used to have a blade and have got a bike again as kids are a bit older and needed a pick me up ( lost my dad )I could of went big again real easy ( thruxton ! )but want it to commute to work and I love the simplicity and way it rides ,I test dove a few bikes before committing but the Bmw was the best

·
Super Moderator
975 Posts
Welcome to the forum Craig.

I've had the bike for almost a year and a half and still love it. I have progressed to my unrestricted licence but will stay with this bike for a while longer.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Welcome from California Craig. Enjoy the BMW! Do you ride year-round?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi Craig. Welcome to the forum.
I too have a G310R. This is an amazing bike. You start it up and feel a little disappointed as its so quiet and sounds like a well-oiled sewing machine, BUT (after you have run the engine in or the break-in period)
you open her up and are then pleasantly surprised at the engine sound, AND the turn of speed. I find the cornering, safe and remarkable considering there is no traction control, or rider modes etc, and I've ridden through downpours at normal speeds with no issues with traction. I think most of us on the Forum come from bigger bikes, or still have other larger bikes, myself included. Are there downsides? yes, but this is MY opinion only, I wish I had got the comfort seat (my bony old a***) and I wish we could have had the choice of a centre stand. (No the GS one won't fit, I've tried)The illumination from the headlight at night is not great, but that can be fixed with aftermarket bits, To sum up, This bike is so easy to ride, easy to move around, is reliable, and doesn't cost the earth to either buy or run. You have picked a winner!. Enjoy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Craig,
Welcome to the forum.
Where about in Scotland do you live ? My family all hail from Paisley.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’m fair chuffed with it so far I’m still running it in I haven’t pushed it beyond 7k .I like the fact it’s so light and easy to use , brilliant on petrol , buttons to tax and insure . Really what a motorbike should be.
I find it quite liberating to have had the restraint and sense to buy my g310r . Happy biking cheers C

1 - 7 of 7 Posts