BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have been thinking about learning to ride a motorcycle for 40 years! This week I saw a 310R for the first time and that has pushed me to act. I have booked a theory test, and I will try and book my CBT this week with the aim of working towards the unrestricted class A test. Depending on how lessons progress I will have to make the decision to run a 125 for a while, or go straight to a 310R.

I am already an advanced driver (IAM) and will work towards doing the test on a motorbike as well. It should be an interesting year.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I like a person who doesn't jump right into things! Please understand I'm not bein serious, and that I'm of the opinion it's never too late to try something new. Good luck with your licensing progression and may you have many enjoyable days riding on two wheels.

Although it's now something close to 50 years ago, I still have fond memories of riding my Suzuki T500-J two stroke twin throughout East Anglia while posted to RAF Mildenhall with the USAF.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I was 17 I thought I would fill up the categories on my driving licence like a bingo card; that never happened. I nearly got started in 1998 when a colleague passed his test and bought a Honda CB500 (or something). I did a deal with him to fix his knackered 125 trail bike in return for being able to use it to learn on. I moved to Glossop before I could start that, which brings me to this week’s decision to finally make a start.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm 45 and have ridden 125's for about 5 years or so and am just doing the DAS and have bought a 310R. Can't wait, Mod 2 booked for next week!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts