BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cycle Gear had the Dainese Zen Evo on sale for Black Friday so I pulled the trigger and got one. I have 2 other leather/textile and a full leather jacket. Neither of them with liners did enough to keep the wind out on cold weather rides. This Dainese is great and I’m loving it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Looks great! Comfort is important, also for safety.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I've come to the understanding that a leather jacket is only good for a temperature range between 50 and 75 degrees F. Above 75 degrees, you have to go with Mesh. Below 50, you should use the Adventure jackets.

At a minimum, you need at least two different jackets. The winter jacket can go up to 65 degrees. Anything above 65, it gets too warm and uncomfortable. Summer mesh jackets can handle anything above 55 degrees.

that has been my experience living in CA where it can get as cold as 32 degrees and high as 110 where I'm from.

The Klim Apex Air is the best bang for the buck summer jacket at $300 with full 3DO armor included.

·
Super Moderator
973 Posts
I use my Leather Jacket from 16C to 36C. When it's cold I wear another layer underneath, when it's hot it's ok provided it's at least half unzipped and you're moving faster than 40km/h. I try to avoid riding in the rain, but am considering getting a rain overjacket.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I like the comfort, safety and warmth of leather so I have a couple. One shorter and one long touring jacket. I have a mesh, which is brilliant in the summer.
Tactical, man you'll have to roll it up into a ball, kick it around in the dirt, It's TOO new looking!.
Seriously- the first thing I did with mine is to weatherproof them with leather balm. As well as keeping the rain out it sort of softens the leather and it doesn't smell awful.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts