BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have one of these lowering links on the way for my wife's 310 R.

For those that have installed it, how far did you move the forks up front?
Right now they are close to the top and wondering how far down they will need to be moved.

Thanks.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I have one of these lowering links on the way for my wife's 310 R.

For those that have installed it, how far did you move the forks up front?
Right now they are close to the top and wondering how far down they will need to be moved.

Thanks.
I moved the forks all the way up until it hits the handlebar, but it's all preference. Ride and adjust as need it. It's totally safe. I've been riding it daily for weeks now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone tried it?

Thanks[/quote]

I would recommend spending a little more and buying the lowering shock from rally raid. It makes a lot of difference with the handling as well as lowering the G310GS. After installing mine, I noticed a lot better ride and control of the motorcycle on bumps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes I have just put it on my bike and it’s perfect.. both feet flat on ground now so much better.. easy to install
I realize this is an old thread but if someone could please describe in detail the procedure for installing the CC products lowering piece (I'm not sure if it should be called a link) I would be grateful. Does the shock have to be dissembled or is the CC piece just installed between the bottom of the shock and the swing arm? Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased my gs310 and had bmw install the lowering link, adjust front forks, and shorten kick stand. I was wondering if it would be possible to also use the rally raid lowering shock?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts