BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 BMW G310 GS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello . Just wanted to introduce myself . Yesterday I put a deposit on a New 2019 G310gs. I should be taking ownership of the bike in about 2 weeks, I’m buying the bike from a Dealership in Richfield MN, they have a great price on a new models. I will be going to Minnesota to pick it up myself and already planning a fun ride on my way home, down south through the Wisconsin driftless region. I’m looking forward to this bike, My plan is to make it as capable ADV bike that can also be used in moderation off road( nothing crazy). Looking forward to learn from this forum and also give positive contributions when ever possible. Thanks to everyone.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Welcome. Even though I don't ride off road intentionally, I hope you enjoy your GS wherever it may take you.

·
Registered
2019 BMW G310 GS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks @zigot021 . The plan for the route is from Richfield MN to head on Southeast towards HWY 61 South, follows the Mississippi River, ride down South to La Cross WI then , jump on Interstate 90 for 15-20 miles to Bangor,WI and from there take HWY162 South to Middle Ridge WI. From here take HWY 33 towards Ontario, WI ride thru Wildcat Mountain State Park ,this area is also known as “the Wisconsin Tail of the Dragon “, it is a very cool ride I have done it couple of times before. Probably I will finish the day in the Wisconsin Dells area. From there the second day will be relaxed riding on back country roads back home. I have NOT picked up the bike yet, it is taking forever, but the dealership said it should be ready for delivery end of this week by Friday 10/9/2020.

·
Registered
2019 BMW G310 GS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I finally picked up my G310gs . I got it this past Saturday. I went up to Richfield MN to get it. I rode it on the way back to Illinois. First impressions. Love the little bike. I rode it mostly on back roads with speed around 60mph. No issues. The last 100 miles was Interstate riding, speeds around 65 , no issues also, went up to 70 just to go around slow moving vehicles, but didn’t cruise with more than 65mph. Surprisingly I felt comfortable on the bike , did 130 miles stretch and 120 miles stretch with out needing to stop and rest( I’m around 6 feet 1inch 225lbs, 183sm and 105kg ). Power was good, for back roads riding it is good little bike. Now there is couple of issues, I need a Windshield and a Rear Brake pedal enlargement. Also I manage to stall from First gear couple of times, but I was expecting that from reading this forum. In all with few adjustments I think it will be a great little bike for my needs.
A1CBC376-1AF9-4B04-A13A-C96225308121.jpeg
8CB8A8CD-C0C7-46BB-9E23-9F8D51F8441C.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
278 Posts
well done... stalling is something a lot of us suffer[ed] from.
I think its a combination of the bike needing to settle in - as well as the new rider getting used to it.
Just check the cable adjustment and with mileage stalling will diasppear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts