BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All
I've been lurking on the forum for a few months. Finally joined.
I live in central Florida, riding motorcycles for 53 years. The 2019 G310GS is my 54th motorcycle.
Been wanting to get off the pavement again and explore the non-paved roads. Had a 2014 CRF250L for a while a couple of years ago. But wanted a more street worthy (tubeless tires) bike.
The 310gs and the new ktm390 adventure were the only ones with TUBELESS. I test rode the BMW at bike week in Daytona last March. It fit me and was more comfortable than what the CRF250L was. I went home and started searching for a used one. (private sellers only) There were only 4 in a 500 mile search, and most were 2018's. One 2019 about 240 miles away, and it was $1000 cheaper, and only had 1,400 miles on it. A friend was interested in how much I liked it after my test ride at Daytona. He saw the same ad, we talked about what a great deal it was. He bought it for his wife two days after we talked about it.
I was jealous, losing out on such a good deal. My fault for waiting too long. I said if you ever go to sell it, let me know. Well she was ready to sell two weeks later!
So I got a wonderful deal! And I did't have to go the 240 miles to get it. That was back in April, I since have put 5,000 miles on it. Hauled it up to Tn,NC mountains a few weeks ago. Got to ride about 120 miles of gravel roads. (don't have any roads like that in my area) I really enjoy it. Tend to ride it more than my 2015 SV650.
Downsizing from the larger, heavier 1200cc bikes from years back, was the best choice ever. Smaller and lighter is way more fun.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Welcome, from a one-time Tampa resident years ago. I agree that downsizing is way more fun. I exchanged my '93 BMW K75S for a 2018 G310R and am very pleased with the change. And I have to admit I'm impressed with your statistics - been riding 54 years and have had 54 bikes! Either you have had a minor fleet over the years or your bikes are swapped once a year. I've been riding since 1963 and can credit myself with no more than two dozen machines over those years, if memory serves me correctly. Then again, maybe it doesn't. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Cycleruss,

I've got a couple of decades on you so certainly understand the need for downsizing. I can push mine around in the yard without trouble, something I could not do with the R1100RT. I-this ye can still get my leg over the seat-this year at least.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts