BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member from Norway here:)

I just bought a BMW G310R in black (Havent taken delivery on it yet).

Normally i drive a Yamaha R6 wich is a combined street and trackbike, but i wanted something more nimble so i bought a g310r.

I have tested a 2018 model and i felt this was a very good bike for the inner city.

I got the bike for 5073 euros and that included registration, first service and 800 euros worth of driving equipment. Its a very good deal.

Been doing some reading on this forum and you sounds like a good gang so i decided to join:D.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome! When do you expect to receive it? Must be cold now in Norway!
Thank you:D..

Its allready in a store in Oslo, but i decided it would be better to pick it up during the spring some time.
Its currently 700 million below zero here now, so its kind of hard to drive anyway.
I dont work on shore so i will pick it up on my way home from work in May or something.
Our seasons dont last that many months so im very excited to see how much i actually can use it.

I live in a town called Trondheim now, and i only have parking space for motorcycle due to the packed buildings in the area. My R6 is not very suited for this as i have to plow around in first gear, looking stupid in my 1pc going 3mph trough traffic.

in 2019 i was planning to buy a "new" g310r that where for sale in the town. I took it for a spin, and god did i feel good... I see a lot of people complain about brakes and suspension, but in all honesty - what do one actually need?
Ive had 600 for a long time, and i know how stupid these rockets are for the street. Ive had some problems.... adjusting the speed on the highway and when trying the g310r i felt a relief. The bike goes faster than the traffic, it accelerate ok and the light weight makes up for the single discs at the front tire.

Cheap maintainance, 5 year warenty, 30ish hp and agile as a stripper!
I might lose some friends by owning it, but hopefully I can get some new ones here on the forum:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the warm welcome, everybody.. Nice to see the bikes are spread all over the planet.

Its fun to see someone from Norway allso:)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Welcome! When will your riding season start? I'm planning to ferry to Helsinki and ride through Finland, Sweden, and Norway once the roads are salt-free. Maybe we can meet up.

·
Registered
102 Posts
in 2019 i was planning to buy a "new" g310r that where for sale in the town. I took it for a spin, and god did i feel good... I see a lot of people complain about brakes and suspension, but in all honesty - what do one actually need?
The front suspension is a bit soft. I'm considering putting thicker oil in the forks to keep them from compressing so quickly. Other than that, I think it's fine.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Mojito,
welcome to this forum.
We have visited your country some years ago and are planning to come back this year.
It's a beautiful (riding) country.
Unfortunately this year by car because with two on the R and Luggage is not fun driving.
Take care and enjoy our threads.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts