BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a used 2018 G310R. Only have 50 miles on it so far, but loving it!

Previous owner installed an Akrapovic exhaust, and a fender eliminator kit. I was worried that the exhaust would be too obnoxious, but I find it tolerable. The fender elimination I didn't even think about, but today was a wet day on and off of paved roads, and the whole back of the bike including my helmet is covered with the dirt and grime from the rear wheel being sprayed all around! (Any aftermarket fenders out there that offer MORE coverage?)

All in all though, a 3 year old bike with 5000 miles, ABS, EFI, and interstate ability for $3000? What an absolute bargain!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Oh, right, information about myself... I plan on riding year round and using this bike as my primary vehicle.

Will be putting a windshield, hand guards, and a topcase on it. Have already been putting thought into which ones, but am open to suggestions from anyone in a similar position!

I plan on riding through the Winter here in Vermont, will put some more dirt oriented tires on in the Fall. Maybe Perrelli Rally STRs? Any recommendations for a rider who will see pavement as well as dirt and, when unavoidable, snow?

·
Registered
BMW 310GS 2019
15 Posts
Oh, right, information about myself... I plan on riding year round and using this bik
Oh, right, information about myself... I plan on riding year round and using this bike as my primary vehicle.

Will be putting a windshield, hand guards, and a topcase on it. Have already been putting thought into which ones, but am open to suggestions from anyone in a similar position!

I plan on riding through the Winter here in Vermont, will put some more dirt oriented tires on in the Fall. Maybe Perrelli Rally STRs? Any recommendations for a rider who will see pavement as well as dirt and, when unavoidable, snow?
Barkbusters are quality and I think worth the money, I bought a Powerbronze screen which is taller than the standard but not stupid tall. I have Rally Raid handlebar raises (20mm) and my handguards catch the screen so I've had to trim some off the edges.
I bought my screen off eBay for £70 the rally raid screen is made by Powerbronze exclusively for Rally Raid and the spec says it's designed not to catch the handguards, think it's £117 so I wonder if it is slightly different to the standard Powerbronze version.

·
Registered
BMW 310GS 2019
15 Posts
Barkbusters are quality and I think worth the money, I bought a Powerbronze screen which is taller than the standard but not stupid tall. I have Rally Raid handlebar raises (20mm) and my handguards catch the screen so I've had to trim some off the edges.
I bought my screen off eBay for £70 the rally raid screen is made by Powerbronze exclusively for Rally Raid and the spec says it's designed not to catch the handguards, think it's £117 so I wonder if it is slightly different to the standard Powerbronze version.
Also fitted a Shad 34 carbon top box, good value not bad quality and they do a back rest and brake light as optional extras.

·
Super Moderator
1,082 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

BMW did have a rear mud guard, but it was butt ugly and requires the original fender. You can search the forum for more details of it. I ended up selling mine (came as standard for the first Rs in Australia for the first 3 months as someone misinterpreted the standards).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have seen the thread with the Australian mud guard. It looks exactly like what I want. I'll check with my local dealer and see if they can order it to the US. The Australian fender, combined with the extended front fender, and I see PUIG makes a better coverage rear lower fender replacement...

First I need to find a stock rear fender. Hopefully the "fender delete" did not involve shortening the wire harness in any way!

·
Super Moderator
1,082 Posts
I have seen the thread with the Australian mud guard. It looks exactly like what I want. I'll check with my local dealer and see if they can order it to the US. The Australian fender, combined with the extended front fender, and I see PUIG makes a better coverage rear lower fender replacement...

First I need to find a stock rear fender. Hopefully the "fender delete" did not involve shortening the wire harness in any way!
I'd be very surprised if the wiring harness was shortened, it would just be tucked away.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts