BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I work at MAX BMW Motorcycles in Troy, NY. Coming to the forums to hopefully lend a helping hand where I can. Getting my 310R as soon as the Delivery Stop is released.

I also have a side project of trying to start a G310R Cup race series up here in the Northeast US. It's still in the baby stages, but I've gotten a rulebook started and I've started 3D modeling parts. I'll continue to chip away at the idea and hopefully come up with a good series to start next season.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Nice! Great little project. If I remember correctly there is a guy here looking to race a g310r in one of the classes in New Zealand also.

I'd be interested in seeing what parts your making up!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I figure the 310 wouldn't be competitive against the majority of the 300cc class without fairly significant modifications. So I wanted to start a stock 310 spec series. So it would be an affordable way for BMW owners to have very close racing.

I'm mostly just making crash protection parts, hopefully at less than 1/4 the price of R&G. I might be able to also make a new front sprocket cover that has the bottom half removed to allow for GP shift (because I haven't used "normal" shifting for 3 years).

But these parts would probably only be for people registered to this series and they would come with a disclaimer, because I wouldn't be able to guarantee that they would work for everyone.

·
Registered
935 Posts
DFW_Motorrad
welcome to the forum.
Your plan(s) sound interesting but NY is a little bit to far away for me.
Wish you a lot succes setting up these series.
In the meantime, enjoy our threads and help us out were you can .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts