BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from South Africa!

I've had an assortment of BMW bikes since 1981, but my current K100RT is now too heavy for me.
I'm thinking that the G 310 GS might be the right bike for me.

Regards to all,

Lines (my patch name; I'm a member of a military Veteran's Motorcycling Association).

·
Registered
260 Posts
Good day LinesZA.

I think you'll find a few of us [more mature ] folk have now gone for a lighter bike.!

atb. Jon

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well at 73 I class myself in the mature age bracket,and coming from an 1100rs which I was finding far .to heavy to maneuver in and out the garage.Now have a g310r which is very light and performs very well at all speeds,also have a Royal Enfield 500 which is perfect for very relaxed riding.Don't be put off by the low cc,the g310r is great fun.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Welcome from another "mature age bracket" 310 owner. I'm knocking on the door of my 75th year and have been riding since about 1963. Two summers ago I exchanged my venerable '93 BMW K75S (that I truly loved) for a 2018 G310R because the K bike was becoming just too heavy (and top heavy as well) to ride comfortably any longer. Funny how stuff gets heavier the older I become.

Anyway, I now love the 310R and I find it's perfect for the two lane forest roads that are common in central Maine, USA (where the bike remains year round). I've had more fun with it than I've had in a long time aboard two wheels, and over the years I've owned and enjoyed a bunch of Japanese, German, Italian, and American bikes. This particular BMW is the right machine for this point in my life.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Welcome from another fast approaching old age. The 1100 RT was too much and I know longer have a desire to cross Kansas (or any other fly'over). Four hundred miles of back roads gets me almost anywhere I want to go and this bike will do it easily. I called it an "exit level" bike when I bought it. I run I95 through Jax and stay with traffic but do not enjoy it. It does lead to grandsons and that's a good thing.

Bob

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm not mature yet, but I'm in love with the 310. When I travel, everyone asks if it's a 650 anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts