BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been lurking for while, thought I'd officially introduce myself...

Based in the Bay Area, CA - I'm a returning rider (after quite a few years). Been zipping around the city on a Vespa recently - but decided I wanted something with more punch that I can explore a little further on (while still being easy for cross-town commuting)

I've had a deposit down since May and finally got the call to drop by my BMW dealer today. UNBELIEVABLY, this exactly coincides with the day I leave town for a 2-week vacation with visiting family! - guess I'll be waiting just that little bit longer :)

I did get the chance to go swing a leg over their demo 310r - seems to fit me a little better than the Duke 390 I test rode. Fit and finish seemed more pleasing too. I have a Blue reserved but the Black looks way better in person than the pics I've seen - might change my mind.

Thanks to all the contributors to this site so far - been picking up lots of useful info!

Hope to see you guys on the road!

·
Super Moderator
1,016 Posts
The black one is nice, especially if you get the white parts sprayed in black as well, check out my paint job post for pictures and a video.

·
Registered
707 Posts
It's going to be a great vacation with the knowledge that you'll be going back home to a new bike. Unless you change your mind of course. :D

·
Registered
308 Posts
She is worth a couple of weeks delay, we have dark weather conditions in UK most of the time so I chose white a little more easy to see in poor conditions, I think,

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WooHoo - finally picked up my bike!

Just a few miles so far but feels great (minus the slightly sticky neutral shift) - ended up going for the blue. Thankfully the late Bay Area summer is still in effect, 30c and blue skies on the ride home yesterday, really can't complain.

Pics to follow.

·
Registered
142 Posts
She is worth a couple of weeks delay, we have dark weather conditions in UK most of the time so I chose white a little more easy to see in poor conditions, I think,
Agree...
I chose white too for the visibility, and I think it really does stand out. But there is a teeny weeny downside - road grime is more noticeable on the white than other colours...

·
Registered
939 Posts
welcome octoboy

Bummer you had to wait for 2 weeks.
I wouldn't go on a family trip when I knew the G310R was waiting for me ;-)
Hope you will have as much fun as I have on mine (a blue one)

and .................... this bike is made for riding, not cleaning !

·
Registered
47 Posts
wow cool to hear you are getting a new bike. As a former scooterist myself, I love wringing out a small bike. I can't wait to get the R. They have a stop sale on them at my dealer...said they are waiting on a special tool that they are required to use when making the side stand repair. Is yours one with the repair already made?

BTW I also tried out the Duke. If it were not too tall for me, I would probably be on one right now. They have one seriously discounted at my local dealer. I have an insanely short inseam (29 inches at best) so I didn't like how one foot would be down on tip toes and the other dangling in the air on the other side. Just not enjoyable, especially since my left foot is still recovering from an accident and it hurts to bear all the weight of a bike, even a light one. Anyway, had the 310r as a loaner when I had my 700GS in for service and loved it. Rode it for 180 miles or so ...mountains, canyons, freeway, the little guy really impressed. You're going to love it!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts