BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm brand new to the BMW family. I just got a showroom BMW 2019 g310r with 500 miles for $4000. My question is, are there any I have to do since 1000 people sat and rode it? Are there recalls for the 2019 or did they fix the kick stand and brake caliper? Thanks all.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Your local BMW dealer should have done all the re-call work before it was sold to you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick response.

1) Is the warrant for 3 years from 2019 or my date of purchase?
2)Do I have to use BMW motor oil and filter brand and still be under warranty?

·
Registered
360 Posts
1) .... guessing ...from 2019 . unless you have a fresh deal on your purchase .?
2) .. well depends who you ask ... !
my personal answer [and you may not want to follow this] is use any good oil that matches the bmw specification.
... we've had plenty of discussion on filter alternatives; in the UK I use a hiflo 147; which is as near identical that I could find.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would think it would be from date of first purchase; if you are the first owner, then it should be from your purchase date. My 2018 G310R was purchased in 2019, and the warranty runs to 2022.

A month or so ago, I picked up a used 2018 G310GS at a BMW dealer -- it was under warranty until late this month. I was able to get an extended BMW warranty until 2024.

Regardless, a BMW dealership will be able to tell you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow. BMW really stands by their product with that extension warranty. They really are serious in this 300cc machine. I mean, they are targeting the Asian market big time. I can believe I got this 2019 g310r for $4000 here in Colorado.

·
Super Moderator
1,162 Posts
Wow. BMW really stands by their product with that extension warranty. They really are serious in this 300cc machine. I mean, they are targeting the Asian market big time. I can believe I got this 2019 g310r for $4000 here in Colorado.
Welcome to the forum, that's a pretty good deal! What colour did you get?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They only got red, but I grown to like it very visible. Attracts a few more girls but a whole tons of old men.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi all, I'm brand new to the BMW family. I just got a showroom BMW 2019 g310r with 500 miles for $4000. My question is, are there any I have to do since 1000 people sat and rode it? Are there recalls for the 2019 or did they fix the kick stand and brake caliper? Thanks all.
They should at least have done the brake caliper since the order to do it came pre-Cpvid. What's the issue with the kickstand?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got this from google.

2017-2018 BMW G310GS and G310R motorcycles may have weak kickstands or faulty frames which could cause the bike to fall over while parked, increasing risk of injury. BMW owners will be notified and if necessary, kickstands and/or frames will be replaced free of charge.

Mine is 2019 so Im special.

·
Registered
96 Posts
This was a major design fault which for an experience motorcycle manufacturer like BMW. I believe bikes manufactured from 2019 especially the G310R have a modified side stand which is easy to verify because there is a triangular loop at the base of the stand the old problem version only had a short peg.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
7 Posts
You scored yourself a nice deal IMHO. Plus, you've got so many great roads to ride whilst you break in that new motor :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts