BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,

My family and I took position of a "used" 2018 G310R in blue. It was a bike traded back into the dealer due to the previous owner not feeling comfortable to touch the ground. It will be a perfect bike for my daughter to continue learning her riding skills and provided the sense of traveling freedom my wife and I enjoy on our bikes.

With 275 miles on the clock, the R was loaded up with the Grom and taken to our favorite go-kart track for a good test and break-in session. While I can understand the manual's recommendations for break-in, there is nothing better to keep the throttle varied than a tight track. The handling of the G310R surprised me how controlled and smooth it can be. It only took about 5 laps of the 0.7 mile course to start understanding how/where/why/what this bike can do at accelerated speeds. After the first 30-minute session, I came off the track giggling. Even at WFO throttling, the bike still got 52mpg.

Ride it like you stole it, laughing all the way.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Including the new one:

2018 BMW G310R
2106 BMW R1200GS
2105 Honda Grom, Hers and His
2006 KTM 625SMC (for sale)

·
Registered
7 Posts
another his and her grom owner here as well...good stuff.

can't agree more by breaking in on the track. with how well components are machined now and days, they really should call it ring seating. no better place than a tight kart track to load and very the rpm's on the rings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts