BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Browsing the BMW F800R forum I came across this guy - Rodrigo Castro, from Brazil.
He has this brilliant, simple workaround for bike owners who don't have a center stand, and like to do their
own maintenance. This is for the F800R, but the principle might work for us 310 ers, at least until we can get the center stand issue sorted out. Check out-
Rodrigo Castro. Brazil

and the forum- BMW F800 Riders Forum

·
Registered
155 Posts
Works great ... unless of course you need to pull the wheel to change a tire. Harbor freight has a rear paddock stand for about $40.00. Cycle Gear looks like about $60.00 for the front. Has anybody changed a tire yet? If so how?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Good trick if you badly need to oil your chain! but besides that, for any other maintenance and having more confidence in stability of the bike, a read paddock stand is the way to go. Also remember the chain is on the same side of the stand on the G310 (at least on the R) so that would not put you in a very comfortable position to oil that chain!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does anyone know if the rear paddock stand at Harbor Freight will fit the GS? Are they all universal? Are there additional things to buy that the paddock stands hook onto? Sorry, never owned a paddock stand, my other bikes all had a center stand.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Pit Bull. I know that it's a relatively light bike, but still...

Get a 310GS centerstand and cut the legs down.

This is my GS:

why you suggested to cut the legs down? what brand is your center stand?
i am asking because i am waiting for my sw-motech stand, do you reckon that an "improvement" is needed?
cheers

·
Registered
155 Posts
The only center stand available in US I think is for GS. Harbor Freight has two stands, one is for use with spools and other, 65620 has a channel to fit under the swing arm. It is adjustable to fit the G swing arm. Price is $32.99. I had to ask for the stand and have someone bring it from the back. It will allow chain lube and adjustment as well as tire change. It only lifts the rear wheel. It is rated for 1000 pounds.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The only center stand available in US I think is for GS. Harbor Freight has two stands, one is for use with spools and other, 65620 has a channel to fit under the swing arm. It is adjustable to fit the G swing arm. Price is $32.99. I had to ask for the stand and have someone bring it from the back. It will allow chain lube and adjustment as well as tire change. It only lifts the rear wheel. It is rated for 1000 pounds.
Good to know! Is anyone putting axle sliders on theirs? Would this allow for the use of the spool slider model?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Good to know! Is anyone putting axle sliders on theirs? Would this allow for the use of the spool slider model?
Yes, that would work and such products already exist. example here
Just keep in mind the spools in that case will only allow you to lift the rear of the bike, and never actually remove your wheel.
Still good enough for chain oiling purpose...

·
Registered
935 Posts
Go to DATONA.NL
I bought ‘something’ for my rear wheel.
I has two rolling parts and once your rearwheel is between these two rolling ‘things’ (sorry, don’t know how to name it), you can move (turn around) your rearwheel for maintenance (chain).
I payed € 39,00 included postage.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts