BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there G310R forum!

I've had my baby bimmer since September last year, and have used her mostly for commuting in the Bay Area, a lot of that through the winter months. (Or "winter" months, it's not that cold).

I've just made my first 2,100 miles on the G310. Go me :)

With summer coming I'm thinking it would be awesome to go on more bike tours in California area. I test rode a bunch of other bikes, and found several that I liked (the RnineT was amazing). In the end though, I decided that I'd rather save the money and keep my G310R. It's great to ride, comfy and the engine just sounds so happy! A little bit of luggage and a decent windshield and I think it will make a mighty fine little tourer.

So I'm wondering a couple of things:

1. Who else is touring on their G310 R/GS? What modifications have you made?
2. Are there any G310 riders in the bay area who fancy a trip out to Yosemite sometime in June or July? I'm thinking Pacheco Pass and across the central valley. Might do it as a solo mission if I can't find someone to come along :)

Right! I'm going to explore the forum and see what I can find about touring G310s.

~Becky~
Proud G310 owner, San Jose CA

PS Local bike shop Spirit Motorcycles offered me $3000 trade in for an Indian Scout. It's a good offer but still no.

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Welcome to the forum, lots of us CA residents here. There have been quite a few threads on touring modifications, luggage, cellphone charging etc, so do check those out. Hope you stick with the 310, it's a great bike.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Oulupulu,
Welcome to the forum.
As Kees already said, keep looking around on this forum and you will find answers.
Enjoy !

Ps, that trip to Yosemite sounds great (take backroads)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi nice to see someone enjoying the bike and the weather
Im Mark im new to this club have you any pictures please Regards Mark much appreciated

1 - 4 of 4 Posts