BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Has anyone used a generic OBD reader successfully on the 310?
I tried using a bluetooth ELM 327 OBD reader which I use on my cars and it won't even power up. That could be either due to the bike not supplying 12V on pin-16 of the OBD port or it could be that there is some totally different pinout and only the plug is a common form-factor.

I just got the repair manual but need to get access to a windows machine to check and see if they mention anything about it in there. That will take a couple of days for me.

If anyone knows more about this, I would appreciate some more information.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have used a cheap elm327 to connect with the torque app on my phone no problem, also connected with vcds the vw.diagnostic software on my laptop.
Motoscan with the correct adaptor which is designed for bmw bikes and also covers the abs system and service interval resets is good up to a point,but doesn't yet give engine live data but I am informed that this will be coming in a future update.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I think you might need to try one of these OBDLINK LX [ look on Amazon ]
with Motoscan - Android from PlayStore
this will help ..

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi,
Has anyone used a generic OBD reader successfully on the 310?
I tried using a bluetooth ELM 327 OBD reader which I use on my cars and it won't even power up. That could be either due to the bike not supplying 12V on pin-16 of the OBD port or it could be that there is some totally different pinout and only the plug is a common form-factor.

I just got the repair manual but need to get access to a windows machine to check and see if they mention anything about it in there. That will take a couple of days for me.

If anyone knows more about this, I would appreciate some more information.

I got a reader from Aldi and it powers up fine, but being a reader does not allow adjustment/reset.

·
Registered
259 Posts
yep ... not surprised, many chinese obdc will not work.
at least the OBDLINK LX has worked for me on different bikes / cars.
yes it is much more $£€, but works.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts