BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
The luggage rack makes the R look much better in the rear with that fender that sticks out. I agree it should be standard on the R as well, but it is not. The part new is like $270, so that and the other items on the GS is what makes it so much more. I found a take off GS rack for about $220 shipped, so jumped on it. I like the way it looks, but if you have the Hepco & Becker bags, you need to use the GS C-Bow brackets, two different ones between the R and GS. I already had them, so I just used a 1" square spacer I made. This also clears the longer USA turn signals to the side bags.

Attachments

· Registered
11 Posts
I'm going to mount the GS rack onto my R tomorrow. Shop, where I bought the rack, offered me connecting material which I refused. Hoping it is not needed as it is the same on the R handlebar as seen on the animation below.

Attachments

· Registered
55 Posts
Does anyone know the weight capacity of the rack for the R? I have an 11 pound(5 kilo) metal top box (plus mounting plate would be around a 1lb) that I would like to use if I get this bike. I am wondering if it would be too much for the bike. I was at the dealer Saturday and they said they cold not find any info...

· Super Moderator
1,385 Posts
Does anyone know the weight capacity of the rack for the R? I have an 11 pound(5 kilo) metal top box (plus mounting plate would be around a 1lb) that I would like to use if I get this bike. I am wondering if it would be too much for the bike. I was at the dealer Saturday and they said they cold not find any info...
You should be able to lift the bike by the rack and a passenger should be able to put all of their weight onto the rack as it doubles as handles, so you should be ok.

· Registered
17 Posts
I stuck a Givi Dolomiti 46L on my R with the OEM GS rack. That's a porker of a case even empty.

So far, it seems to work just fine, no appreciable difference in handling even with a fair amount of junk in there. I did increase the spring preload a bit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.