BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you installed the OEM heated grips on a G310?

Curious how it went and if there's any lessons-learned to pass on?

·
Super Moderator
1,173 Posts
Any of you installed the OEM heated grips on a G310?

Curious how it went and if there's any lessons-learned to pass on?
Have you bought the oem heated grips already? If you haven't I would consider after market heated grips just because of where the switch for the oem ones is located.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you bought the oem heated grips already? If you haven't I would consider after market heated grips just because of where the switch for the oem ones is located.
I've paid for them at my local dealer, but not picked up. I could likely cancel for a full refund as they carry them in stock and the box has never left their building.

But I'm curious .... a big part of why I went with the more expensive OEM was for what seemed to my eye a better finished look ... what did I miss about the position that's unfavorable?

·
Super Moderator
1,173 Posts
I've paid for them at my local dealer, but not picked up. I could likely cancel for a full refund as they carry them in stock and the box has never left their building.

But I'm curious .... a big part of why I went with the more expensive OEM was for what seemed to my eye a better finished look ... what did I miss about the position that's unfavorable?
Unless they have changed the switch, it's a big ugly plastic bridge and switch assembly that gets bolted onto the middle of the handle bars (see around page 101 of the manual).

There's another more elegant solution which has been posted on the forum, with a discrete three way switch located just above and to the right of the left indicator at the front.

·
Super Moderator
1,173 Posts

Check out: Installed Grip Warmers (Heat Demon / Moose Racing)

these go under the existing grips and look pretty good imho.

·
Super Moderator
1,173 Posts

Here's a link to a picture of the oem switch: OEM Heated Grips

·
Registered
271 Posts
I followed Heap's example and installed exactly like him. Does the job, and discreet.
But pay attention to the switch version, the round switch is ok but the toggle switch is as fugly as anything out there.
The OEM installation seems to be less involved, but their aesthetics are what they are...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts