BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I found what I believe was the correct place for it on the left side front below the gas tank however I have still not hooked it up because I cannot find a PowerPoint that will reach the harness I will post a picture of my harness.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't know why my phone keeps posting doubles of the image but if you can get some actual pictures of this portion I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here is the harness all connected, #1 is the switch cable, #2 is the accessory port that you cut loose in the step you asked about, #3 are the two wires from the grips, and number 4 appears to be an unused accessory port that was part of the harness?? Not really sure why that's on there, but it had a blank in it. Let me know if you want more pics, I'm about to button her back up after I drill a hole for an accessory port in the dash

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am trying to install the OEM grips - but my Switch did not come installed into the Switch Housing. Has anyone else seen this? Do I have to cut the wires, or De-Pin the plug to install into the switch housing? THANK YOU!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am trying to install the OEM grips - but my Switch did not come installed into the Switch Housing. Has anyone else seen this? Do I have to cut the wires, or De-Pin the plug to install into the switch housing? THANK YOU!
I had the same problem! I ended up shaving some of the plastic inside the switch housing to allow the non switch side to pass through. It was a real pain but the part that I shaved off wasn't necessary so everything still fit correctly

·
Super Moderator
1,054 Posts
Try good looking 3rd party heated grips, as the oem heated grips come with a butt ugly rocker switch setup that goes in the middle of the handlebars.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts