BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 2019 G310GS for just over a week. On my ride home today I got to wondering if I put longer bolts and some spacers behind the wind deflector if it would make much of a difference.

Since most of the members of this forum have had their G310GS longer than me and probably experimented with a variety of solutions I decided to ask first.

It will probably be getting much warmer (HOT) shortly, so the wind deflector will probably be a help when riding slowly in the higher temps.

I'm 6' with a 30" inseam, and I would just like to get the wind deflection up a couple of inches.

If anyone has put spacers behind the deflector, what size bolts and spacers did you get?

Thanks in advance

Dave

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi Dave
I did consider doing that, but opted for an add-on windscreen deflector. If you haven’t seen these, they’re basically a small screen maybe 10”x4” that mounts on the top of the windscreen, mine has a fair range of adjustment. Got mine thru Alibaba for about $20. Works pretty well in lifting the airflow enough for me.

·
Registered
42 Posts
If anyone has put spacers behind the deflector, what size bolts and spacers did you get?
I shimmed mine out using some spare washers with rubber grommets, which were for my Honda Civic's rocker cover. I had a bag of them in my spares-draw for some unknown reason, and they've worked a treat! From memory, the bolts I used were M5x35mm for the top, and as you can see I've left the lower ones standard without any spacers. Remember to use Loctite! ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts