BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading forums on the G310 a lot of the topics are about lowering the seat height, at 6’4” I’d like it to be a little higher.
Although the bike looks small when I’m sat on it I don’t find it a problem, in fact it’s quite comfortable.. a couple of extra inches seat height would be an advantage, I find it difficult to stand up on the foot pegs because of the acute angle my knee is bent at.. as it happens it’s very rare that I need to stand with my bike being the road version.. Love the bike, it’s great fun.
Intended to post a photo of the bike but for some reason I can’t do it with my phone, I’ll post a photo later 😀

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not done much to the bike, a handlebar double USB port, a battery monitor, a small extension plate to brake lever and a Givi rack with top box. Not too keen on top box, tends to be noisy on rough roads, I might have to consider something different but I do need something to lock my helmet in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The way that I've solved this issue to my satisfaction on a Stelvio and a K12GT ............... is I've used an AirHawk seat pad and then captured it all with a Cool Covers seat cover. They're really working well for me and there's no scooting around or the like. And as a bonus the pad is easily able to be inflated/deflated to fine tune the firmness/ride/height. I found an AirHawk knockoff online that I'm tickled with and order the Cool Covers online too. And I've got less than $100 in the seat/pad combo ............. for each bike.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the 310 gs and my seat is right at 35”. I have the Rally Raid level 2 suspension kit, bar risers, and have added the Seat Concepts tall seat. The seat is fantastic and transforms the bike (as does RR suspension). I’m only 5’9” but I find the higher seat very comfortable and I can still get my feet down.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The way that I've solved this issue to my satisfaction on a Stelvio and a K12GT ............... is I've used an AirHawk seat pad and then captured it all with a Cool Covers seat cover. They're really working well for me and there's no scooting around or the like. And as a bonus the pad is easily able to be inflated/deflated to fine tune the firmness/ride/height. I found an AirHawk knockoff online that I'm tickled with and order the Cool Covers online too. And I've got less than $100 in the seat/pad combo ............. for each bike.
Thanks, I like that idea. I have a cool seat cover but the AirHawk looks the simplest way forward for me, although I'll have to find a cheaper alternative, an AirHawk knockoff sounds about right :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the 310 gs and my seat is right at 35”. I have the Rally Raid level 2 suspension kit, bar risers, and have added the Seat Concepts tall seat. The seat is fantastic and transforms the bike (as does RR suspension). I’m only 5’9” but I find the higher seat very comfortable and I can still get my feet down.
Thanks, the Seat Concepts tall seat would be ideal for me with extra 1.5" gain, but it comes at a price, a bit more than I would like to pay. Especially as once you've bought the kit, as I understand it, you still have to strip your seat and then fit the filling and cover yourself.
I have been watching out for a seat base from a breakers yard in hope that I could get it upholstered locally. In the meantime I might go with the AirHawk knock off as suggested above, but your suggestions are appreciated. I saw BMW did a tall seat but I think it's only about 5/8" higher, which is not worth it for me, I hadn't heard of the Seat Concept Tall Seat.. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I did have to buy a compressor to nail the seat together but I needed one anyway. I will say the Seat Concepts seat is amazing. Well worth the money. I just rode 400 miles over the last two days and it was super comfortable. Most importantly, I feel like I'm no longer sitting "in" the bike, and now ride "on" the bike. Easier to control with my legs etc. Anyway, good luck.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did have to buy a compressor to nail the seat together but I needed one anyway. I will say the Seat Concepts seat is amazing. Well worth the money. I just rode 400 miles over the last two days and it was super comfortable. Most importantly, I feel like I'm no longer sitting "in" the bike, and now ride "on" the bike. Easier to control with my legs etc. Anyway, good luck.
Cheers, what you have to remember is I'm riding a road bike rather than a GS, so the need to stand on the foot pegs isn't so great but the option would be good when there's the odd pothole :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts