BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
What do you think had happened if your bike wouldn't have had any warranty, who do you think would have had to pay for the trouble shooting?
I cannot predict future, but dealer told me that they think I have a lemon and they talked to BMW Germany about taking bike back. The “mother ship’s” response was “newah”, so there might be your response to how much they care for their “cheap” line of bikes...

·
Registered
232 Posts
I cannot predict future, but dealer told me that they think I have a lemon....
Due to excessive wear I'm considering to repaint my bike. Yellow was in my mind already, but not lemon, rather mandarin.
... how much they care for their “cheap” line of bikes...
Yes, you're right. BMW must be loosing money on every sold unit. And as motorcyclists in Northern Europe, as well as in North Americas, mostly use their bikes as leisure vehicles, most bikers want lots of "Hubraum". That makes the G310 to small and the numbers of sold vehicles don't cover the cost of distribution. Added to that comes all "issus" with the sold bikes. Maybe it was a mistake to introduce it to our markets. It's a good bike intended for the hugely populated third world markets.
However, I think BMW makes a big mistake not taking their responsibility for the quality of their product. Instead of functioning as introduction in getting new customers to the bigger BMW bikes, all the negative experiences with the G310 is creating lots of negative publicity and makes sure disappointed customers never will buy a BMW again. After owning 8 BMW motorcycles, I personally will never buy a new BMW motorcycle again. And in my own case, I haven't had any big problems with my G310GS. The cost of repair was only less than € 100 in parts. Ad an other € 100 for the work and BMW Motorrad Finland would have not had me writing negatively about the brand. Now I will tell everybody I talk about BMW motorcycles how little they care about their customers.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts