BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '22 310r with 2000 miles and I noticed an oil droplet under it. When I checked under the motor/above the plastic protective cover there was more oil but there is also thin rubber hose that appears to drain onto the plastic cover under the motor. It's affixed to the bike and does not appear to be out of place and I think the oil is coming out it. Should I be concerned? Those hose has the blue line on it. At this time it is not low on oil. The level is above the halfway point.

Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber Bumper Tire

·
Registered
188 Posts
Dont tolerate oil leaks. It’s not an old British or Harley. Something is amiss and should be under warranty at 2000 miles Not something to trifle with. Leaks can attract dirt which become insulation and create a hot spot. Leaks can get worse, drip onto tires or where you put your foot down at parking. Might be simple like loose oil filter. Breather from air box
Get it sleuthed out. Riding weather here.

Reactions: jsdriscoll

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yeah buddy, work that warrant, that’s what it’s for. Try for the loaner bike. I got a crazy 6 cylinder K bike once. Blew my mind.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have you changed oil lately? I changed oil and accidentally over filled the oil just a little...2 days later saw a couple of drops, started to syphon some out but ignored. Not riding during winter,...Thought I had a problem...rode the bike 10 miles to heat up the oil and it magically quite leaking...At least that is my story and I still believe it. Two months and 500 miles later and no more leaking.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you changed oil lately? I changed oil and accidentally over filled the oil just a little...2 days later saw a couple of drops, started to syphon some out but ignored. Not riding during winter,...Thought I had a problem...rode the bike 10 miles to heat up the oil and it magically quite leaking...At least that is my story and I still believe it. Two months and 500 miles later and no more leaking.
The oil was changed at 600 miles in January.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts