BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I've started to notice that the bike is needing to have it's oil topped up recently... The bikes done 19,000km pretty much and up until 6 months ago, I didn't need to touch anything, now I've had to top up the oil twice.

I can't see any oil leaks, but it's a little concerning. I'm getting over the bike and the dealership, but I need to hold onto the bike a bit longer now as my bonus has been deferred due to Covid-19 (also a 15% temp pay cut)...

Has anyone else noticed increased oil consumption after the bikes hit 15,000km?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I've started to notice that the bike is needing to have it's oil topped up recently... The bikes done 19,000km pretty much and up until 6 months ago, I didn't need to touch anything, now I've had to top up the oil twice.

I can't see any oil leaks, but it's a little concerning. I'm getting over the bike and the dealership, but I need to hold onto the bike a bit longer now as my bonus has been deferred due to Covid-19 (also a 15% temp pay cut)...

Has anyone else noticed increased oil consumption after the bikes hit 15,000km?
Yup! My 2018 GS started consuming at 13,500 KM. Oil gets black and ugly real quick too. What the hell? Of course I am out of warranty now though. No visible smoke but when I ride another bike behind my GS, I can smell it burning pretty good.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts