BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A few months back, I asked on this forums an economical way to perform on board diagnostics and to turn off the service reminder light . After talking with some European riders I may have found the solution to the problem.
Motoscan is a free app that reads the on board computer of the BMW G310. The Wi-Fi adapter needed is a ELM 327 which can be bought for as little as $12.00 US . The ELM adapter plugs into the socket on the 310 series and provides a wireless Wi-Fi so the Motoscan app on your phone can read it.
See attached.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Yes, this has been noted before. However, the free version of the motoscan app does not allow you to reset the service reminder, for that you have to purchase a license ($50 or so, I believe) but all in all a very economical solution. I already tried out the app and it does connect to the systems and works fine at the base level. When I need to do the first service I will upgrade to the full version.

Reactions: G0MYW

·
Registered
308 Posts
Lads in the mid/far east will soon come up with a delete for service reminder, they can do it on older bikes so they will catch up soon.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
I just think it's good that someone broke the monopoly of the GS911 product, because I considered it overpriced. The MotoScan product seems to be the real deal from Germany.

Reactions: G0MYW
1 - 4 of 4 Posts