BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was wondering if I go to a store like Wal Mart and purchase a under $50 ODD2 Scanner that they sell, will this work on my G310 to clear the service reminder code default light etc.
I was told that any vehicle sold in the US must be OBD2 Compliant and therefore must work.
A BMW dealer tells me the only one that will work is what BMW sells and from what I understand cost around $2000.00 which is a bit steep.
I hope someone out there can clear this up. It will help a lot of BMW Motorcycle Owners wallets. Thanks.

BMW= Bleed My Wallet

·
Registered
252 Posts
The G310’s have an OBD port but a standard OBD reader will not communicate with the BMW system. There is a New Zealand company that makes a great product that works - it’s the GS-911 & runs around $400. I have one and it works great. Can read & reset codes, change & clear service intervals, perform real-time monitoring, etc.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Is there any sort of a loaner service of this GS-911 thingie? $400 for a code reader is a lot, and that will cover 10 VINs only. I guess we could pool our resources and either get an unlimited pro version and share/rent it out, or have a max of ten shares to sell at $40 each and take turns using it. For example, there's quite a few of us in the greater Los Angeles area so that might work well.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
The Wunderlich may only be available in German -af least, that is what it says in the specs, although further down it says it's also available in English, French and some other languages so contradictory info. At today's exchange rate €299 equates to about $350 , although if shipped to a non-EU country they should deduct their 19% VAT (sales tax). Also, the site is unclear as to whether they will ship to the US and many other countries.
The top-of-the-line OBD scan tool for my Volvo cars was about $120. Lack of competition in the Beemer world ...

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
:laugh:Just don't let it happen again!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts