·
Registered
2019 G310GS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I'm racking my brain...

I currently own and love my 2019 G310GS
I also own a 2016 Honda Africa Twin (CRF1000L) just about the size of a 1250GS

Since a work injury and 4 surgeries later the bike is too much for me to confidently handle.
I love my 310GS and always go to that to ride.

I'm looking to trade the Honda in for something smaller. Already having a 310GS, is it silly to get the 310r or is it different enough to justify.

I notice that the next step from that is the f900r
Kind of a big leap.
Also thinking of the C400GS scooter
But... it's a scooter lol

What are your suggestions to look into?
Thanks!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ok I'm racking my brain...

I currently own and love my 2019 G310GS
I also own a 2016 Honda Africa Twin (CRF1000L) just about the size of a 1250GS

Since a work injury and 4 surgeries later the bike is too much for me to confidently handle.
I love my 310GS and always go to that to ride.

I'm looking to trade the Honda in for something smaller. Already having a 310GS, is it silly to get the 310r or is it different enough to justify.

I notice that the next step from that is the f900r
Kind of a big leap.
Also thinking of the C400GS scooter
But... it's a scooter lol

What are your suggestions to look into?
Thanks!
Seems like the 310GS does everything you want, why do you want/need another bike. Just get rid of the AT and be happy.

·
Registered
2019 G310GS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hahaha!
Yes that is probably the mature thing to do!

Honestly.. I just hate posting ads and dealing with the whole selling experience.
That's why I was thinking to trade in for another toy.
But yes I'd be perfectly happy with just the GS.

·
Super Moderator
1,099 Posts
Well, the R is more of a roadster bike, while it is very similar to the GS, the differences might be enough for you, I like the naked bike look of the R, as well as the zippyness (if that's a word) and agility when commuting. It depends on the type of riding you do. If I did a lot of off-road riding, I would want a GS, but I don't think my wife would let me keep both bikes ;)

·
Registered
G310GS, S1000RR. HP2.
139 Posts
I previously owned an G310R, and after six months traded it for a brand new G310GS.
The ride is definitely different.
Especially when you have the OEM suspension on the GS.
The R is much stiffer and can be ridden with higher corner speed.
Fuel consumption was 1 liter on 29 kilometers, for the GS it is 26 kilometers for me..

But having them both? I would prefer a completely different bike and engine for bigger contrast and fun.
(I ride an S1000RR and HP2 beside the 310..)

·
Registered
2019 G310GS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the responses and info!

It did help to write out what I've been bouncing around in my brain.
Going to sell the Honda. I found a lot of options that will give me more than I would get on trade without having to deal with people wanting to test ride it etc.
Just going to enjoy my 310GS for now and if i feel the need to get another bike down the road, I'll get something completely different.

·
Registered
2019 BMW G310R, 2020 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650cc
60 Posts
I have both the G310R and Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and they are two different types of bike, the 310 is a single and the 650 a twin much smoother and with a retro classic look but is about 60lbs heavier with the advantage it can be ridden on a A2 licence in the UK. Both are fun to ride!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts