BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I visited Jacksonville Florida BMW last week and after a test ride and council from the dealer I ordered a new 2023 G 310 GS in Kalamata Olive. I had thought of buying a used 650GS or newer 750GS, but after the dealer hearing I plan on riding the Ocala National forest allot he advised me to buy a 310. The bike will be manufactured October 4th, and dealer expects deliver in 6-8 weeks afterward. In the last 20 years, I have owned two Harleys and Suzuki dirt bike back when I was a kid. From my Harley experience, I know heavy bikes do NOT like dirt much less sand and mud, so I appreciated the dealer’s advice on buying the 310.

Now the fun part you get to help with

Since I have over three months to plan for my new ride, I want to go ahead and order some accessories. What engine and hand guards, luggage, wind screen, and other accessories do you consider a must have? Please use the complete name or even better a link so I can find what you’re referring too?

Thanks,
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

· Registered
74 Posts
My best advice: All your questions are allready answered extensively in this forum :)
Search, and scroll through, the forum, and you will find a ton of usefull post and experiences :)
Congratz on your purchase :)

Reactions: GM26J and ARBOLMANO

· Registered
1,082 Posts
Much depends on your intent. Much depends on how much you weigh. More information here than you want really. I’d advise going with proven changes over opinions.
wise call by the way. These units are best with warranty

Reactions: LMarr [DK]

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought I would update you on my August 2022 order.. My 310 GS was not manufactured in October as expected, but it was produced the 2nd week of November. As of 3 December it was still sitting a the assembly plant waiting shipment. So if it arrives in January 2023 it will have been 5 months.

· Registered
71 Posts
Accessories that I have done:

Crash bars. Local manufacturer.
Barkbuster hand guards.
Handlebar risers, this is a must if you are on the taller side (I am 1,8m) and do off the tar riding and want to stand. No name brand here in SA.
Side stand foot enlarger, a must if you do off the tar riding. Local manufacturer.
Radiator protector. Local manufacturer.
The ProTaper handlebar will be fitted in the next week or so.

in future: a decent bash plate and maybe a Puig screen.

If Rally Raid was available here I would have gone for spoke wheels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts