BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Front Brake Master Cylinder/Reservoir is starting to Flake-Off. Anyone having the same issue? Paint quality is different compared to its European counterpart. It looks awful. Never opened the reservoir before.

I own a K03 for over a year now and as my main daily.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Perhaps there is, or was, a slight leakage of brake fluid. That is very aggressive stuff that does take paint off. If any leak is cured, after repainting this problem should not come back. I haven't noticed this on my bike.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Im sure you will have looked for fluid around the joint, if none easy repaint job I did think of spraying the lid blue on mine !

·
Registered
33 Posts
My Front Brake Master Cylinder/Reservoir is starting to Flake-Off. Anyone having the same issue? Paint quality is different compared to its European counterpart. It looks awful. Never opened the reservoir before.

this happened to me aswell. I payed no attention to it since I live in cancun and this seabreeze and humidity really eats thru anything. so this shouldn't be real? mmmmh ill have to go to the dealer!. :(

·
Registered
469 Posts

Pretty small issue that shouldn't affect your ability to enjoy the bike.:grin2:
My guess if it has never been opened is that it is ever so slightly seeping or
has residual brake fluid left on it from filling.

·
Registered
883 Posts
No worries mate,
You have warrenty on the bike.
Go back to your dealer and let them replace it.

This is not common (on a new bike !)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts