BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Finding it frustrating getting parts... mfg's must have been caught with their pants down. Can't sell or make money if you have no parts to sell.

SW-Motech Skid plate: Twisted Throttle is importer for USA and all coming in for July are sold. Next batch Aug/Sept.

Akrapovic Carbon Fiber exhaust: next to impossible to find. Heard they might be available in September.

R-G Racing parts seem to be hard to find also. No crash protectors for RC390 anywhere.

I guess manufactures figure there would not be much demand for BMW. No problem for parts on Ninja 400 or X-300 Versys. Well, more of those will be sold anyways, so they made sure they had parts for those.

Any one else having a hard time? :frown2:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm more having trouble figuring out if it is worth it to do a lot of mods to a 4K bike... Grips and a tail tidy are about it for now. Even with a (very slight) power increase I have a hard time spending almost 1/4 of the total cost of the bike on upgrades.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm more having trouble figuring out if it is worth it to do a lot of mods to a 4K bike... Grips and a tail tidy are about it for now. Even with a (very slight) power increase I have a hard time spending almost 1/4 of the total cost of the bike on upgrades.
Actually R = 5,000 and GS = 6,000 I myself don't care about tail tidy and would replace grips when they wear out. They do not do anything to enhance the bike but to each their own.

Exhaust will cut weight (no cat) improve performance a bit and better sound plus looks.
Skid Plate incase you whack something.. curb, rock, tree, etc.

K&N Air/Oil: Just talked to them and no plans as of yet. Same for BMC Air

Power Commander 5: No plans either. They are a pain to install anyway and they should have an inline connection so you don't have to take the whole bike apart to attach each connection. I would pay an extra 75-100 for that.

Yoshimura: No plans for Carbon Fiber yet either. They do have Stainless Steel

There is a place that performance flashes BMW ECU (No need for PC 5?) I have to find them again and ask.

Keep you posted

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Exhaust should only be around +/- $500 USD. Yosh is a little less than CF Akrapovic. If they want $600 or more, look elsewhere.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Dealer ordered my Akra Exhaust and scheduled for delivery on Thursday.

Not sure where they got it from, but much of their aftermarket parts come from TwistedThrottle.com.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dealer ordered my Akra Exhaust and scheduled for delivery on Thursday.

Not sure where they got it from, but much of their aftermarket parts come from TwistedThrottle.com.
Must have ordered it elsewhere... TT doe not even show it. DennisKirk has SS and CF. Revzilla only has SS. Got mine from Biohazardcycles (CF)

Must be coming back into stock. As long as you get it, right?

·
Registered
163 Posts
K&N Air/Oil: Just talked to them and no plans as of yet. Same for BMC Air

Power Commander 5: No plans either. They are a pain to install anyway and they should have an inline connection so you don't have to take the whole bike apart to attach each connection. I would pay an extra 75-100 for that.
first of all, why don't you change the sprocket ratio? i (strongly) believe that is the main reason of the GS's poor performance. if you combine this with an aftermarket exhaust is even better. i am not sure if a K&N filter is necessary but a power commander is certainly in my list..
cheers!

P.S. i will change sprockets and chain these days, i will keep you posted

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
first of all, why don't you change the sprocket ratio? i (strongly) believe that is the main reason of the GS's poor performance. if you combine this with an aftermarket exhaust is even better. i am not sure if a K&N filter is necessary but a power commander is certainly in my list..
cheers!

P.S. i will change sprockets and chain these days, i will keep you posted
I don't really have a great issue with power. Like Exhaust for look, sound, and some gain. I don't change sprockets since it will lower top speed and throw off speedo (plus I don't want to do the work involved or pay someone to do it.). I still have to hunt down the ECU flasher people to see what they can do.

Yea, my SW-Motech Skid plate just shipped from SDmoto-parts.com (France) same $ or cheaper as US with shipping.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Exhaust should only be around +/- $500 USD. Yosh is a little less than CF Akrapovic. If they want $600 or more, look elsewhere.
Out the door (taxes, BS fees, etc.) and with rolling in a Shoei Neotec II and the Sena kit for it I only gave $4800.

Meant to say Levers instead of grips. Found the PCM ones for US $40 on Alibaba. Worth that at least for the long clutch play. I really hope they fit...

Remus Hypercone is where I would go for my R. Indeed we all have our proclivities but that one does it for me with actual gains. $700+ though... D a mm it...

With that said I have had a PC/K&N/Catless on every bike I've ever owned. This one *truly* would be the best beneficiary, but again the cost vs. depreciation vs. units in the aftermarket market just might not make sense to a manufacturer.

If TVS has more success I think the market will be flooded with accessories.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm more having trouble figuring out if it is worth it to do a lot of mods to a 4K bike...
That's the question, isn't it? Remus exhaust alone is $1000 in Canadian dollars out the door, compared to an original cost of $5250 for the bike. Add F/R sliders, tail tidy, LED signals, LED headlight, rad guard, crash bars...and it's $1000 more...all together adding nearly 40% to the base cost. The new exhaust won't reach it's full performance potential without ECU tuning either, so now you're looking at additional complexity and cost to actually make the most of the exhaust.

So far I bought the offset rear R&G spools so I can use a paddock stand, but have not seen the R&G tail tidy in stock and ready to ship. To me these two are must-have mods, but the rest is still yet to be decided.

·
Registered
469 Posts
That's the question, isn't it? Remus exhaust alone is $1000 in Canadian dollars out the door, compared to an original cost of $5250 for the bike. Add F/R sliders, tail tidy, LED signals, LED headlight, rad guard, crash bars...and it's $1000 more...all together adding nearly 40% to the base cost. The new exhaust won't reach it's full performance potential without ECU tuning either, so now you're looking at additional complexity and cost to actually make the most of the exhaust.

So far I bought the offset rear R&G spools so I can use a paddock stand, but have not seen the R&G tail tidy in stock and ready to ship. To me these two are must-have mods, but the rest is still yet to be decided.
Well having the Remus on my GS and living in Canada, I paid a lot less than your stated $1000.
As well on a 34 stock horsepower single, a tuner with the aftermarket exhaust(s) is not going to
give you that much more power. What you do get is a big weight savings, different sound, and you rid
the motorcycle of a unsightly and huge muffler.:grin2:
You can keep the whole bike stock and enjoy it for what it is, or personalize it the way you want it for
the associated costs. But in the end, regardless of what you add to the bike, the value will still be very close
to a stock version when the time comes to sell it.
It just may be more appealing to some, but that's not why I do the mods I have done, I do it for me.
Can't recall the last bike I left stock.:|

1 - 14 of 14 Posts