BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone out there that has black plastics that would want to upgrade theirs to pearl white? Mine are mint with no scratches.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Plasti dipping would be a cheap alternative to get the new look you're going for. And its reversible should you not like the new finish. Suppose that would eliminate the decals though.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just curious, but why did you pay the extra $100 for the white if you were going to change it up?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I can answer this question... Because sadly, you have to take what you can get on the GS right now.. At least here in the Orlando market, they are reserved and bought before they hit the floor..

I myself took delivery of a white model because it was the only one that arrived without a deposit currently on it. That was a month ago nearly now, and still, they have yet to get another model.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just curious, but why did you pay the extra $100 for the white if you were going to change it up?
Sorry I just saw this. I actually got the bike used off of someone with 379 miles on it. So I didn't pay $100 extra for the white, I saved a lot by buying used lol. I took what I could get.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can answer this question... Because sadly, you have to take what you can get on the GS right now.. At least here in the Orlando market, they are reserved and bought before they hit the floor..

I myself took delivery of a white model because it was the only one that arrived without a deposit currently on it. That was a month ago nearly now, and still, they have yet to get another model.
You are correct on taking what you can get but I did buy mine used so it was even more of a take what you can get. lol.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ah! That makes sense. I’m lucky I got mine in November while everyone was looking for snowblowers here. If no one bites, I agree with plastidip or even a vinyl wrap. Easy to revert back to stock if needed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah! That makes sense. I’m lucky I got mine in November while everyone was looking for snowblowers here. If no one bites, I agree with plastidip or even a vinyl wrap. Easy to revert back to stock if needed.
Think the plasti dip would mess up the decals?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Think the plasti dip would mess up the decals?
You should be able to peel it right off. Just go slowly when you do it. I did it on my cbr 600rr before and it was fun trying out different colors. Only thing with plastidip is that it’s a temporary solution. You’ll probably start noticing little peels here and there from light scratches.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts