BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have the R version but honestly if the GS was out when I got my R I would have probably walked away with a white GS instead. I really think the GS will out sell the R.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hit the 186 mile mark, and per manual, let it run up past 6000rpm, sans full throttle. Completely different beast! I love it! Also had a little fun down some gravel and dirt. Solid below 30 mph. Didn't really push it past, because I don't have much off-road experience. Someday I'll learn to slide the tail.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the R version but honestly if the GS was out when I got my R I would have probably walked away with a white GS instead. I really think the GS will out sell the R.
The R is the better machine if you aren't going down many washed out fire roads. I considered the Duke 390 briefly, but I'm glad I waited.

I found some mud today.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would have chosen the GS because im too tall and big for the R, but the R was about $2000 NZD cheaper at the dealer i bought from. And being my first bike and only being licensed for a couple weeks when i bought it, i didnt want to invest too much.

It looks awewome. Congratulations.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would have chosen the GS because im too tall and big for the R, but the R was about $2000 NZD cheaper at the dealer i bought from. And being my first bike and only being licensed for a couple weeks when i bought it, i didnt want to invest too much.

Thanks man! The R is a fun little machine too. Reminded me of my Ninja 300, but better looking, and better components. And more torque.

Wondering if the small windscreen on the GS does a decent job of taking some of the wind pressure off your chest and if would fit a R?
It does a decent job. I feel pretty protected behind it, and can even go into a tuck. If you want some more detailed pictures and measurements, let me know.

·
Registered
340 Posts

Thanks man! The R is a fun little machine too. Reminded me of my Ninja 300, but better looking, and better components. And more torque.

Wondering if the small windscreen on the GS does a decent job of taking some of the wind pressure off your chest and if would fit a R?
It does a decent job. I feel pretty protected behind it, and can even go into a tuck. If you want some more detailed pictures and measurements, let me know.
Absolutely. Front, side and riders perspective pics would be awesome

·
Registered
151 Posts
Better to add a tank bag to the R. You get storage and it takes the all pressure off your chest. Helmet stays quiet as well, always a risk when adding screens.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Better to add a tank bag to the R. You get storage and it takes the all pressure off your chest. Helmet stays quiet as well, always a risk when adding screens.
There is a little helmet noise, but I've always had a screen, and blame noise on the DS helmet.

·
Registered
29 Posts
That's awesome! I just bought the same one in Vegas last week and now have to wait for it to get to me (in Ohio, gonna be the longest few weeks of my life... but worth the wait.

Hit the 186 mile mark, and per manual, let it run up past 6000rpm, sans full throttle. Completely different beast! I love it! Also had a little fun down some gravel and dirt. Solid below 30 mph. Didn't really push it past, because I don't have much off-road experience. Someday I'll learn to slide the tail.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Absolutely. Front, side and riders perspective pics would be awesome
What I got: 2 5/8"- top to bottom, 4 1/8" bottom across, 4 3/4" top across. Once again, sorry about the resize errors. Best to rotate the phone. Close up of the dash is right in front of my face in a full tuck.

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
First time on the twisty and panoramic little roads of the french Riviera back country, and I discovered how easy it was with the baby GS. Sky was not perfectly blue, but real spring temperature and smellings.

Tourrettes-sur-Loup medieval village

·
Registered
324 Posts
Helmet stays quiet as well, always a risk when adding screens.
Amen to that. I put a screen on a bike a few (20?) years ago. Stopped half way to work and took it off. Horribly noisy. Went through 4 or 5 screens before I found one I could live with.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I forgot my wallet today, discovered 40 miles from home at a gas station with 2 miles of range showing. Luckily, Google Pay works. I continued, though in a different direction than originally planned. Up past Walton Lake, and through some forest service roads that looked interesting. Stock tires aren't bad, until you get to mud. Despite the wallowing, I didn't drop it. Again, the F650 would've been on the ground. I'm looking forward to installing some Rally Raid kit!

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have to say, I’m a little biased because I have it on the R, but the Motorsport color way on the GS looks the best.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts