BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear BMW G310GS Owners,

I really need your help! I have a brand new G310GS, that only has 200 km on it at the moment. I purchased the bike from India and I transported it to Bhutan as Bhutan does not have any authorized BMW dealership or service centers.

I recently purchased a set of tank guard and crash guard and while I was installing the guards, one of the frames scraped the hosepipe of the bike and half of the coolant leaked out. I am just a beginner biker with less knowledge of a fix.

Can anyone tell me which coolant should I use for the G310GS and also where can I get the hose pipe? I went through BIKENBIKER.COM and in G310GS section I saw the Engine Ice coolant (Picture below) but I am not sure if this would work in G310GS.

OR can anyone give me solutions on how to get this fixed?

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
Any coolant that has both anti-freeze anti anti-corrosion capabilities should be ok. Just make sure to check if it's ready off the bottle or if you need to dilute it.

Since you don't have an authorized BMW dealer over in your local area, is there by chance any dealer further away that can assist you remotely? They will know for sure what part you need and can get it mailed it to you. Any mechanic that's worth his salt should be able to replace the hose if you can't do it yourself.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Any coolant with the above capabilities will work fine, I would recommend to just supplement your bike with distilled water if the coolant loss isn't too much (still above MIN line). If you want to put new coolant, most dealers recommend to flush the existing one and refill with the new one. BMW specifically recommends this https://www.bmwpartsonline.co.uk/Anti-Freeze-83192211191

Edit: My dealer recommends this, it works for both cars and motorcycles alike.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hose comes as part of a complete set. Radiator hose set only runs $12.75 (US Dollars). Check A&S Cycles (link provided here - give them a call & see if in stock)

https://www.ascycles.com/BMW/2016/G310GS/BMW Optional Accessories.html#BikeImage

Part # of hose set provided in attached pics...

A&S Motorcycles
1125 Orlando Avenue, Roseville, CA 95661
916-726-7334
Hours: Tues.- Fri. 9am-6pm (Pacific Time) Saturday 9am-5pm (Pacific Time)

Attachments

·
Registered
252 Posts
Thank you! Is this site legit? Thanks again for your kind help!
Yep, have personally ordered parts from them. Also do a google search by using the radiator hose set part number - put all the numbers together with no spaces, like this, 17118569875
and you’ll find more websites

Also, I provided their phone # (& hours) above - call on Tuesday & see if they have it in stock.

Also, shipping in the USA is free but since you’re overseas, you should call anyways to get actual cost.

Also, now that you have a part number, you can call places closer to you...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you! I just ordered it from Ascycle.com. They didn't mention about the shipping charges so I would need to ask them about the Int shipping charges.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Knowing BMW, i'd say that it's ready off the bottle; you'll also find instructions on the etiquette most probably. One bottle should be enough as 150ml is the difference between MIN and MAX.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yes the BMW one is a 1:1 mix. I just bought some to top up my car recently! I was wondering if it could also be used with the bike, so good to know.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Just a quick note on the coolant. I see you’ll likely use the BMW coolant to adjust the level, so that’s totally fine, but just in case you’d end up using the Engine Ice coolant as you’ve posted in your initial message: be aware that this coolant use a different kind of glycol that the manufacturer don’t recommend mixing with the standard coolant (as most likely the one present in the bike originally). So if going the Engine Ice route, a complete flush of existing coolant would be recommended.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks1 I finally decided to buy a BMW coolant. But now the problem is that I can't find the hosepipe anywhere. Shipping rates from US to Bhutan is pricey. The radiator hosepipe is priced as $14 but shipping it to Bhutan is about $45. Having a hard time finding the hosepipe.

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
Any dealer should be able to order the part, why not try your dealer from India ? certainly closer than ordering the part oversea...

·
Registered
86 Posts
........Bhutan does not have any authorized BMW dealership or service centers................I am just a beginner biker with less knowledge of a fix. ................OR can anyone give me solutions on how to get this fixed?

I just came back from a two week trip in Bhutan on Royal Enfields Bullets with some rented from Knight Motors in Thimphu just west of Tashichho Dzong.

When we took the bikes back there was a brand new G310GS and a Ducati Scrambler and a Husqvana dirt bike in with a bunch of Enfields. Apparently the owner is quite the enthusiast.

He may be a local source of advice for a beginning rider.

Here's some contact info:
Block #9B
Changlam Chubachu
Thimphu
+975 1711 1808
[email protected]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts