BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried using the Dynojet Power Cpmmander yet? I was doing some online
searching and couldnt find any real owner info. A company in Japan Apexmoto shows
a Dyno Graph of 3-5hp gains in the 4-7K rpm range with a Power Commander and
airbox mod. Anybody have any insight what the airbox mod is? Thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just ordered a new intake snorkel to modify along with k&n air filter. I currently have a dominator no cat exhaust. I may wait on power commander and see how it runs without. Still undecided. But excited about 10-15% hp bump at midrange rpm

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think, but maybe could be wrong here. If I develop max hp at 9,000 rpm instead of 9700 and follow apexmoto dyno curve it appears to have same hp at a lower 300-700 rpm.
By changing the front sprocket 16t to 17t you can cruise on the highway at a lower rpm say "500" while making the same hp as stock engine. Or leave the sprockets alone and enjoy the
additional hp up till about 9,000rpm.

·
Super Moderator
1,035 Posts
I think, but maybe could be wrong here. If I develop max hp at 9,000 rpm instead of 9700 and follow apexmoto dyno curve it appears to have same hp at a lower 300-700 rpm.
By changing the front sprocket 16t to 17t you can cruise on the highway at a lower rpm say "500" while making the same hp as stock engine. Or leave the sprockets alone and enjoy the
additional hp up till about 9,000rpm.
I thought that max HP was around 7,000rpm

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm also considering getting the PCV and then getting it tuned here locally on a dyno in Thailand. Right now I have the K&N filter and the Akrapovic Carbon Fiber exhaust without cat and db-killer. I'd love to gain some power for the engine because the bike sounds much better from the rider POV without the db-killer. If the db-killer is inserted the throttle response seems quicker and peppier but top end doesn't seem as powerful without and it doesn't sound that good anymore when I'm on the bike. However I'm still unsure because no one has done this before or reported about a PCV tune in conjunction with the performance parts and mods.

·
Registered
28 Posts
An aftermarket can, like I have fitted, makes a little difference. The bike is probably tuned to within an inch of it's life anyway, I'd save your money. Any tuned bike must be put on a dyno to confirm all OK.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts