BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I was just about to go and buy a Battery Tender maintenance charger for my bike (2019 G310GS) and while looking at the bike I noticed a plug zip tied to the frame just to the left of the rear spring. Can anyone tell me what it is for? I have been looking through my riders manual but can't seem to find in their. I did find reference to a power socket but it shows its location up by the display, which is not there when looking at the bike. The attached picture shows the location of the plug on my bike.

Any help or info is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
should be the auxiliary power output for the powerlet socket. BMW selects a socket that attaches directly to that connector, and there is a tab on the frame to receive it.

as memory serves it is documented in the manual, and many threads on the forum....

·
Super Moderator
954 Posts
Check out the other posts in this forum re power sockets. I suggest you skip the powerlet socket and plug whatever you need directly into the plug. You would probably want to use the 1/2 plugs (r/gs) behind the headlight for anything handlebar mounted, instead of the plug on the frame.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My dealer also adds the battery tender plug there.
Not sure what your plug looks like but it could be the adaptor for a battery tender.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Check out the other posts in this forum re power sockets. I suggest you skip the powerlet socket and plug whatever you need directly into the plug. You would probably want to use the 1/2 plugs (r/gs) behind the headlight for anything handlebar mounted, instead of the plug on the frame.

What is a 1/2 plug? Is it direct to the battery or thru the canbus?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts