BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all.

I responded a few times to a post about suspension upgrades on this situation, but hoping for an assist here.

So, completely unable to adjust my rear shock pre-load.. (Forgive my ignorance if so, but I'm a relatively strong guy and can get virtually no movement at all. Get proper tool fitment, but nearly no luck on counter or clockwise movement...) I am 6ft with a 32" inseam and riding on the balls of my feet at best. Have heard of shorter people flat footing, but for the life of me, I cannot get movement in the spring.

Any input?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Are you using the little extension that fits over the preload adjustment wrench? Can you post some pics showing how you’re trying to use it? It takes a little effort to turn the preload adjustment ring. But any healthy adult should be able to do it fairly easily.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gents.. Good morning. Apologies for delay, thanks for the response..

So the update.. Went to the dealer to get the exhaust installed, suspension adjusted, headlight tightened up a bit.. (No fix for the light apparently.)

Suspension was at its lowest setting.. Service department had stated they have seen a lot of variables on height from the GS and R... so much in fact that I sat on a new GS sitting in dealer and felt, well, maybe a half inch or more lower?

None the less.. Bike is perfectly ride able as is, but shocked to see such variations in ride height.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Look into Rally-Raid Products level 1 rear suspension shock. You can lower the bike by decreasing the length of the shock. You will still have the same amount of travel.

$500 for shock vs. $400 for lower seat. I would buy the shock

·
Registered
11 Posts
I read through the manual and I’m not sure how to determine the best setting. I’m 5’10” 190 lbs and set it to the middle. Thx for any advice...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi guys.
I'm new to this forum and like many others have issues with the g301gs seat height.
Can anyone confirm what change in seat height is obtainable by adjusting the pre-load from its hardest to softest setting.

Many thanks,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts